1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any shooters or gun clubs on Twitter?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dmurphy, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

Just wondering if any shooters, gun clubs, or other trapshooting-related organizations are using Twitter. I follow a few organizations like the ATA (@Am_Trap_Assn), Remington (@RemingtonArms), Clay Sports Online (@claysports), USA Shooting (@USAShooting), Beretta (@TeamBeretta), and the NSSF (@NSSFComm).

But there are very few trapshooters that I know of on Twitter, so I'm trying to change that.

If you use Twitter, give me a follow and let me know what other shooters, clubs, or orgs you follow. My account is @deadpair (you can access it from the link above).

Dan

2. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

I found one other thread about shooters on Twitter, and now I'm following the originator of that thread (Wally @PerazziTM1). I'm guessing there aren't many more out there...

Dan

3. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

I follow some people on twitter. my name on there is catmshtr89.

Chad

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

What is Twitter and why is it?

Eric

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

There are lots of shooters (and fishing folks) on twitter - most are east of the Rockies and are not necessarily trapshooters. Broaden your search some to find them.

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<I>"What is Twitter and why is it?"</I>

It's exactly what the name implies: a life/reality substitute for twits.

It's what's quickly taking the place of human contact. People who are committed to fat and lazy can sit on their large butts and send short cryptic nonsense to the people they used to see in person. Or worse, they can rudely do this silliness while they are sitting there talking to YOU.

How anybody can even consider this as "social" is completely beyond logic.

MK

7. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

Actually MK, I use it as a source for news from the specific organizations that I follow. There is a social aspect to it if you choose to use it that way. If you notice the organizations I mentioned above, they are entities I wouldn't normally have contact with, so Twitter allows me to get info more real-time from them.

Dan

8. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I have been dying to put this in print......TWIT THIS!!!!!

GS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.