1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Scouters out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FIB, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I was wondering if any of my fellow TS's were also Scouters? My 16 YO son got involved w/ the Boy Scouts 2 years ago and has recently earned his Life Badge. He also is in the Order of the Arrow (Brotherhood). I joined back in December and I'm on the Troop Comm and begin earning my Woodbadge this summer. I really enjoy getting to spend this time w/him. He is growing too fast for me. We are planning on going to Philmont next year and the Centennial Jamboree. Forgot to mention we are Troop 41 Rockford, IL.

2. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks Eddie for your reply. It's true that they grow up way too fast! Randy

3. kolar12

kolar12 Member

My twins both became Eagle Scouts. I am very proud of them. A lot of good memories and hard work, for the boys and their parents!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I was a den leader for one year and a cub master for five years.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

My 85 yr old dad IS an Eagle Scout as am I....my son lost interest in Scouting sadly, but has kept his outdoors interests....he is 22 now and we will be headed together to Alaska next week for 2 weeks of fishing and shooting!! Wish I could take my father too!

6. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

MAKE HIM START ON HIS EAGLE PROJECT NOW! Once they smell perfume and gasoline Scouting becomes a distance third place. They think they've got forever to get it done and we all know how time goes faster as we (and they) get older. My youngest completed his Eagle Scoutmaster conference less than 2 hours before he turned 18. Plant your foot where it will do the most good. They will thank you later.

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Eagle scout 1963. I cannot begin to express my gratitude to the scouting program for what it taught me about the outdoors, life in general and being to take care of myself. Only someone involved in scouting will know what I mean.

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

My son is an Eagle scout and a fine man ( I'm a little biased ) I was fortunate enough to be a Weblos leader as well as soccer, little league coach etc. Of all the activity's he participated in Scouting was the best at preparing him and me for life. If he makes it to Eagle or not, just know that Scouting is one of the few places that teach real values as well as patriotism. He will learn not only how to do things right but also doing right things. Good luck and God Speed and remember to enjoy the trip.

9. jmas

jmas TS Member

Eagle Scout 1949

jmas

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Scouting is a good program. Takes young men and introduces them to the outdoors in a very positive way.

11. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

35 years in the program and have been blessed to have known so many good young men. Keep up the good work!
    CA

12. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Randy

13. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Was in the scouts and cub scouts with a fine bunch of fellas. Had a small reunion in the last part of June and saw three of the guys who were in scouts with me. We had some great camp-outs and a couple dandy 5000 scout Jamborees' it was a blast. The young men who go thru the scouts will have memories that will last a lifetime. Never a mistake to go with the scouts. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.