1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANY ROOMS FOR THE GRAND?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PSA #33, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSA #33

PSA #33 Member

Any fellow shooter has a cancelation of a hotel room.
    Getting to St. Louis on Sat. 6th to Sun. 14th.
    I know I am late, but with work and family.... you know.
    So yes I am flying solo from New England for the Grand week and have no accommodation of any kind. I did pre-squad with R.J. Suart and have fligt reservations with SouthWest, if I find a room and rent a car it will be a GRAND WEEK for me.
    Jacob Pappas

2. Donm

Donm Active Member

Check with the La Quinta in Mascoutah. Yesterday they still had a couple of rooms.

Also on this site there was a cancelation at the Best Western in Chester a couiple of days ago.

3. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

super 8 in duqoin had some left they told me it was about 35-40 mins to sparta, go to super 8 look up duqoin il.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its "DuQuoin, IL." and it is a very easy drive to the WSRC taking about 35 minutes on two lane roads. I worked there for 12 years. Lots of nice people.

Nice little town with lots of places to eat including the famous Alongi's Italian Restaurant. Make sure you eat there one evening "shotgun1957".

5. lju

lju Member

I just cancelled 2 rooms at the Super 8 in Pinckneyville today. They might still be available? It's about a 25 minute drive to the WSRC complex from there. Their phone # is 618 357-5600.

6. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

ok GRNTITAN i stand corrected thank you sir i had my doubts about it but you made me feel better anyway since this is my first grand attendence,thank you any directions now

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

shotgun1957--The easiest way to get from DuQuoin, IL to the WSRC outside of Sparta would be:

Take State Route 51 North to State Route 154 and turn Left(West). Go straight thru the town of Pinckneyville, IL and just outside of town there you have two choices. The first and the one i recommend actually bypasses the town of Sparta but will be slightly closer to the WSRC. Just before you leave Pinckneyville on HWY 154 you will go under a train overpass. Immediately following will be a "Y" which you want to vere Right which puts you on HWY 13. Follow that HWy 13 thru the small town of Coulterville and then thru Tilden. Just ouside of Tilden, IL you will come to a "T" intersection of HWY 13 and State Route 4. You will want to turn Left(South) onto State Route 4 and go about 2 miles and you will come upon a construction zone with a stoplight. You want to turn Right(West) on County Road 18. That is the road that turns right at the construction zone stoplight. Follow that road a few miles West and it goes right by the two main entrances of the WSRC.

Now if you wish to go thru Sparta(which actually isn't much farther if any at all), you have to go back to that "Y" at Pinckneyville and vere Left to stay on HWY 154. That HWY 154 will take you straight to Sparta. When you come into Sparta, at the first 4-way intersection in the middle of town you will want to turn Right(North) onto State route 4. Follow Route 4 thru town and on out until you reach that same construction zone at the south stoplight of that construction zone. Just after you go thru the construction zone you will turn Left(West) onto County Road 18 which as i explained earlier goes right past the WSRC's two main entrances. The entrances are marked and on the left hand side of the road. I would enter the second one that puts you right up by the Events Center where you will register to shoot.

Please be careful and feel free to PM me with any questions. I'd be glad to help anybody i can.--Matt

8. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

ok matt thanks a bunch i will take the easy route

9. PSA #33

PSA #33 Member

lJu, Thanks to you I now have one of the rooms you cancelled at the Super 8 in Pinckneyville.
    Thanks to the Martins too, is gonna be a Grand time, and for all the New Englanders shoot good in memory of Billy Anzaldi, and cocgrats to Phill for the induction to the hall of fame.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There are rooms at thy following locations, Super 8 Pinckneyville $85 if you are in AARP it is $76.50. 618-357-5600

Ox Bow Bed and Breakfast 618-357-9839

There are more West near the Air Base st Shilo Holiday Inn Express.

Do a computer search for motels near Sparta Illinois, quite a few come up.
    The one at Shilo is supposed to be 35 miles away, but it looks farther than that to me on the map.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. missed some

missed some TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.