1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Results for the Inland Empire Trapshoot ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dibbz, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dibbz

dibbz TS Member

Just wondering who the big winners were, how many squads on Saturday and Sunday, and if there was a big rainstorm yesterday since I was unable to attend. I understand Jim Schell shot a 100 in the second handicap from ~27(?)yards on Thursday. Nice shooting Jim! Thanks

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

It was a very good shoot with over 60 squads. The light mist of rain yesterday was not a problem but it was a dark overcast sky. I had a good time but got no trophies to bring home so I am looking forward to the state shoot in Spokane June 21-24.

3. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

I am not sure of the final results since I had to hit the road before the end of the handicaps yesterday. I think Derek Stringer was high with a 96 in the handicaps and he had won the singles championship with a perfect 200 and was leading the HOA, however there were quite a few squads left to shoot as I drove away. Attendance was down a little, but considering the current economic environment, the shoot was probably as good or better than can be expected.

I would like to thank Bobby McClendon for all of his hard work and a very well ran shoot. It was amazing to listen to a few of the life members - even some who had previously worked to make the Inland Empire a huge success stand around and complain and flat refuse to help in any way. People like that are not out to help the sport - they are hoping for failure to make themselves look good. Bobby did a fantastic job handling the shoot personel, raffle, calcutta, and other issues - even after being up sick all night Saturday. This is a great shoot - if not the best in the Northwest - and it doesn't benefit the local clubs or Spokane to have members that are only present to complain. It takes a great deal of effort to obtain the added money, raffle prizes, and put the program together - not to mention maintain the traps and voice call, mow the grass, and arrange meals.

Once again -- Great Shoot Spokane - and thank you to everyone and all the "little clubs" that made this shoot the best!

John Adams

4. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Hey John,

How did Cecil do in his shootoff?

"Orange Crusher" put on a Handicap clinic Saturday with a 97 and won long yardage...I stood the next post over from him and shot a smooth 80......good job again John. Rich Evans was high in the handicap Saturday with a 98, Congrats again Rich.

I'd like to also thank Bobby McClendon for all of his efforts, and the other few SGC members that came out to help. This being the largest potential money maker for the club for the year should have brought out most all of the members to pitch in, Skeet shooters included......

Had a great time,

John Stephens

P.S. If you are on the WSTA's mailing list you should see the Washington State Shoot program any day.

5. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I was also at this shoot for the entire week. To say Bob McLendon and others, (Linda and Wayne, to name a couple) worked his/thier butts off to make this one of the best shoots in the northwest would be a serious understatement. Other than the one past President, (who should be ashamed of himself), I heard nothing but praises for the entire shoot. If other clubs would like to know how to run a successful shoot they should try to copy this one.

Job well done Spokane Gun Club!!! I'll be back next year for sure!!!

Tomas

6. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Very well organized with everything going like clock work. I happened to be fortunate enough to win three belt buckles and a bronzed Moose. Will be there again as well. The trophies were outstanding.

The only complaint/comment I have is that some of the scoring personnel were not very alert. It didn't hurt the shoot any though. Thanks Spokane Gun Club for the opportunity to shoot at your beautiful club.

Lorenzo and crew did a great job of posting results and providing pay off sheets almost immediately after the completion of the event, thanks Lorenzo. Richard

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I made it up for the final handicap on my way to a meeting in Moscow today. Derek did have a 96 in the handicap, and I think the only 200 in the singles. Mike Stears had a 95 in the handicap, running the last 75 to do it. Going into the handicap Mike had a one-bird lead in the HOA, so very likely won the race (Derek wasn't the one in second). I was on squad 61, one of the last ones, but left for Moscow just as soon as I was done, and didn't see the final results.

Thanks to Lorenzo for lending me his coat so I didn't get hypothermia shooting. It was in the 80s the last few days at home, and the Internet was forecasting 65 in Spokane for Sunday, and all I brought up on the plane was short-sleeved shirts.

8. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Richard/BLKLAB,

I heard also the first couple of days about some of the help, I didn't show up until late Thursday though and by Friday morning I think most were getting the hang of it.....unfortunately this time of year the normal pool of trap help is in school so the club had to get some "availables"....you do have to really pay attention to what the scorer's call, as you should always. For our (WA) State shoot I was told there would be some different help. It's so hard these days to find anyone this time of year with any experience....all in all I think it went very smooth, I was also impressed with the lack of break downs with the old handsets.

I must have BS'd with half of the shooters while there for 3 days, can honestly say I only heard one person grumbling(previously mentioned), most thoroughly enjoyed themselves, the club had a super raffle giving away a Suzuki KingQuad for the top prize, and many other nice items. The club also had some well attended dinners.

If you have never had the pleasure of shooting at the Spokane Gun Club you should make an effort to attend our State shoot next month or the Inland next year.

Hope to see many of you in June,

John Stephens-President WSTA

9. La Leyenda

La Leyenda TS Member

Thanks for coming and helping us all have fun.

Bob

10. mono1393

mono1393 Member

My hats off to Bob McLendon, the Bergstressers, LJD Shoot Cashiering and the Spokane Gun Club. I also got to the shoot late Thursday and experienced nothing but a great shoot. I got to shoot with some great squads to include Jim Hughes and his daughter Jamie. Very nice folks along with all the other people I was privileged to meet and enjoy the shooting with. Thanks to all.

Chris Morris

11. 99 from the 20

99 from the 20 TS Member

The Inland Empire has always been a shoot to regroup with old friends and this year was no different. I got to see alot of old friends and make alot of new ones. Many thanks to those that could come. I even got to meet some really nice guys from North of the border. Looking forward to seeing them again next year.

It takes alot to put on a shoot of this size and thanks need to go out to Ray Kuhn and his friends who worked all winter to get all the traps up and working. And the Spokane Gun Club got a new Caretaker (Bill) and he too has worked hard to get the club in shape. And a big thanks to the clubs that helped to sell the raffle tickets. It all helps. To all the crews that cooked the dinners, and cleaned up afterward, Thanks. they did a great job.

I now get to work on the article so it can get into the On Target and Trap & Field.

Again thanks to all that has supported the Inland Empire handicap and Spokane Gun Club

Linda Bergstresser

12. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Linda,

I should have included yourself and that funny lookin' other half of yours as well....thanks for your efforts, also as you mention....the new groundskeeper seems like a real asset to your club.

See you next month if not sooner : )

John

13. TLC Flying

TLC Flying TS Member

I recieved my sheet today. HOA :AA Mike Stears A. Ed Pipkin B Guy Olsen C Brian Windsor (me) D Richard Goodhead Lady Desiree Dursteler Jr. Grant Wiliams Vet Daro Handy. Hall around Derek St. Runnerup, Tom Van Belle Lady Lara Winkle.

Great shoot. Having only been around several others in my short time shooting, it seemed to run well. Smaller clubs depend more on member help and there was a definate lack of that in evidence. Vendors represented them selves well. I heard rumors of one vendor calling ATF agents to inspect competitors, could have been a rumor. Allin all a great shoot. BW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
inland empire handicap trapshooting

inland empire shoot results

trap shooting resultsinland empire 2015