1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Reloading Supplies close to I-10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RickyI, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickyI

RickyI TS Member

I will be on the road this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday travling from Lafayette, La. to Port O'Conner Texas and was wondering if there are any good reloading shops/stores along I-10 that I might could stop and pick up some powder/shot/wads & primers. Tuesday I will be flying offshore to look at some platforms, but back on the road heading home on Wednesday.....

thanks for any info,

RickyI

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Assuming you're coming: LAF-HOU on I-10, then US59 to Ganado and 111, South to Port Lavaca and finally, POC?

There is no place 'close' to that route, however, depending on when you have to most time, coming or going, it is probably worth a San Antionio-ish detour to go to Trainer Hale, at Exit 593, Marion, a bit west of Seguin.

They have good stock and fair prices.

Trainer Hale Shooting Supply

Call when you get within 20miles and let them talk you in, as finding them is not intuitive. Don't depend on MapQuest ... they lie: TH is SOUTH of I-10, not north.

Drive "flow-of-the-traffic" ... cops have been absolutely pervasive and un-understanding as of late ... the Budget Crisis, you know? It's been in all the papers, and you with an out-of-state plate, too?

Bob

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

goatskin is correct!!!!

4. RickyI

RickyI TS Member

thanks guys, I think that will be my route going to POC.... but going home, I can take my time and take a side route if needed...... I would like to find some extra Promo and other goodies....

thanks again,

RickyI

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

You might call National in SA and see what they have, esp if you are going to be in the neighborhood.

There is NO place in S.E. Texas other than Trainer for supplies in bulk, but National has had a couple of big shoots recently.

Bob

6. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Rickyl,

Take hwy. 87 out of Port LaVaca to Victoria, thru Cuero, thru Gonzales to Int. 10 @ Luling (now that your at Luling, must go into Luling City Mkt. for BBQ) then on West on I 10 to Sequin. Hale, just West of Sequin. Be sure and call Hale for explicit directions off of I 10 (go South). They have a good selection of components, including shot sizes.

7. johnpe

johnpe Member

When I picked up a load of shot a few months ago, I found that Trainer Hale didn't open on weekdays until 12 noon. Call ahead and make sure they will be open when you get there.

Johnpe

8. RickyI

RickyI TS Member

thanks guys for the heads up!

RickyI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.