1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any recommendation's for stock refinishing?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Any recommendation

I have a couple of Perazzi's that I would like to have refinished.Afraid to send them to just anyone and would appreciate someone letting me know of someone that they could recommend for good quality work that wouldn't require them having the gun's for more then a month.Thanks.

2. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

Hi .. I have a stock that need refinishing!!

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Any recommendation

Rod's custom stocks. Rod Stumbo is the best .

4. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Contact info. for Rods Custom..Please and Thank You, Bart

5. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Give Ron Neely in Martin, TN a call. (731) 364-2274
    genesis409@hotmail.com

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mash on the link above. I have had Larry do my Perazzi's, and I can tell you, first hand, his work is outstanding, his prices very fair, and his turnaround time reasonable. He is great to work with, and from my experience, will take that little extra time and effort to see you get the finished product you are looking for..... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Another vote for Larry at Corkel arms, he did a great job on my neighbors Browning Citori stock and hte price was reasonable.

8. musky

musky TS Member

I am not sure how many people know of him, but phyl at glenrock blue has a wood man that does amazing work at unbelievable prices. His name is wes and he is a super nice gentleman to deal with. For his info you can contact glenrock blue. Larry.

9. JGS

JGS Member

I know there are quite a few stockmakers who can do a credible job of refinishing a stock, and over the past 50 years I've used my share of them. While some were better than others, I've been lucky in that none of the stocks I've had refinished were poorly done. However, I just had a stock refinished that had been cracked when I tripped and fell on it, and I was questioning whether or not it could even be salvaged, let alone refinished. A friend suggested I try Steve Charnigo who is located in Medina, Ohio (330-441-1550). The wood in this stock is really good looking, so I decided to try and save it, and I took my stock to Steve. Talk about a challenge. The crack had to be glued together, several deep dents had to be repaired, and the checkering also had to be repaired where it had been damaged by gravel on the ground. Steve said he would have the stock done in two weeks!!! He delivered it on time, and I couldn't believe his craftsmenship. The stock is a Perazzi SCO stock, and while Steve can do any finish, he suggested one that is durable, and he said it would really bring out the detail in the wood. He was right; it looks better than when it was new. If you have a stock that needs refinishing or repaired, or if you need a new stock made, based on what Steve did for me, I can recommend him to you without reservation. J.G.Sayle

10. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

I had very pleasing results from Larry Garroutte in Burlington, Oklahoma. He often posts here on TS.com. His name on this forum is "high2". Larry did a wonderful job, was prompt and his pricing was fair.

Mike

11. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Rods Custom Stocks is one of the best, I will try and post some pic's of my MX2000 which Rod refinished for me this year. The photos dont do the work justice!!!

Matt Nicol
    matttrapn_2008_030387.jpg

matttrapn_2008_030388.jpg

matttrapn_2008_030389.jpg

matttrapn_2008_030390.jpg

12. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Another vote for Larry Garroutte at CorkelArms. He does fantastic work

13. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

sent you a PM

Thread Status: