1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Ranger XLW users?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Are there any users of the new Ranger XLW frames on here? I'm considering a purchase and was wondering how clear the images are when viewed thru two (rx and tint)lenses? Thanks....Hugo "Moe" Rinke

2. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Hey Moe what days are going to the State shoot?

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I don't know if they are the same, I've been using the Ranger Sporter with clip on tinted lenses--it is the best I've used. Used to use Post 4, but changing 3-4 sets of bi-focal lenses every year got a bit much.

Phil Berkowitz

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Moe, I own a pair of XLW'w with the prescription insert. They are fantastic. I've had mine for about 15 months, and I primarily use the vermillion tint. Mine are single-vision lenses, and everything is completely clear.

I was a little concerned because the prescription insert sits closer to my face than standard glasses, but they've worked out almost perfectly. The only thing I added was custom blinders. The lenses breathe fine, and I've only had fogging issues one time. That was cured using a lens coating.

Best,
    Dennis

5. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Thanks Dennis....and Jim....Plan on coming down Wed. night and shooting thurs-Sun. They havent approved my days off yet though so the only thing I know definate are the weekend.See ya then.....Talked to Mike Jaye the other day..Hes the Rhode Island State singles champion....199 and shoot-off.Didn't have the heart to tell him we had 199's in our state shoot last year and they didn't even know we where there!!!....lol...Take care and see ya in a few weeks....Moe

6. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Moe My plans are same as yours-if things stay they are as of know-let me know so we can squad together.Al is doing same.Billy is going for the whole thing.. Jim

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I too have the Sporters and am very happy. You will like them too. Jake

8. abby748

abby748 TS Member

Just got a pair of Rangers from Wayne at Morgan Optical, he will take good care of you and answer any questions.

9. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

I just purchased the XLW with a full set of lenses at the NC State Shoot last week. I am waiting for the RX nsert to be returned from my optician. Willpost an opinion/report once I've had a chance to use them for a while.I really like the fit although I am concerned about how close the insert is to my face. I've had a lot of fogging problems with my old ESS glasses with the RX insert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.