1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any problems with the Franchi 48 AL in 20 gauge?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sshotshell, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

Has anyone had any specific problems with a 20 gauge Franchi 48 AL?

2. high 2

high 2 Member

Great guns, parts can be a nightmare. They've been imported by several different companies and seem to change a few things every time a different distributer took over. If its a newer gun parts tend to be easier to get. I've got a 20 bore SxS that I bought from a poster on ts.com and love it. Larry

3. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

We have a youth model 20g in the house. Taught my niece, nephew and two neighbor kids how to shoot last year with it. Recoil was very light using trap loads, cycled flawless, good trigger, pointed well. If I were going to go quail hunting it would be my gun of choice...just throw a rubber stock extender on it. Overall, very pleased. RICH

4. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Yes! Big problem--- RECOIL!!!!!!!!!!!! Kicks like a Mule! LOL

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Ditto on the recoil. Couldn't imaging a worse gun for youngsters starting out. Even the 28 ga recoils more than a 1100 20 ga.

I've never see a trap load for the 20 so I can't comment on that.

6. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

7. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

I've had a Franchi Mod. 48 for 25yrs., no problems. Can't believe we're hearing about excessive recoil from a 20ga. auto, recoil operated or not.

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Yeah, who can imagine a 5 pound gun kicking?

9. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

I deal with the kick for the weight when humping 10 miles looking for bunnies . everyone in our group uses one and we got our 350th rabbit today. u couldn't get mine outta my hands for any gun for hunting. never noticed the kick but never shot anything else.

10. texasbilly

texasbilly Member

The only problem that I noticed is the tendency for the shotgun to fail to cycle if the magazine tube is not completely dry. Do not oil the magazine tube and the gun will happily cycle shells through one after the other. Oil the magazine tube and the shotgun becomes your worst nightmare.

Aside from that, the shotgun is great. Light, east to carry, smooth to swing, and low recoil.

Bill

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have one and it's one of my favorites---Put one F/S on here and watch the action------George

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Great gun. Had mine 20 years. Many grouse and pheasant have bit the dust using my Franchi

13. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I find the recoil discussion interestin. I used light loads of 2.25 dram 7/8 ounce #8s with no issue. The kids that shot it didn't find it a problem at all. I have no doubt that if you kicked at up to a full strength hunting load you would feel it more. Physics is physics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
franchi 48 al hunter 20 gauge

franchi 48 al problems

franchi 48 trap loads
franchi 48al problems
franchi al 48 problems
franchi al48 any good
franchi al48 problems
model 48 franchi problems