1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

any problems with ljutics... comment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ljutic148, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic148

ljutic148 Member

hi, i shoot ljutic #148 and recently kept havin misfires. Finally we took apart the gun and changed all the springs otherwise no problems. i was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with theres?

Wyatt

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I have never really had any problems with a ljutic, other than the fact that the damn things just wont die. I dont know if you can really call that a problem though. lol. built like a tank and one of the best shooting guns on the market. At the clubs I shoot at you see far more ljutics than any other trap gun on the market. every once in a while i hear of a firing pin break, a spring snap or wear out some where but not enough to deter those who shoot them. If you have ljutic #148 and all you have had to replace is a few springs id say thats a testament to there integrity, and durability. I hope you can enjoy that gun for many more years to come. BYG

3. ljutic148

ljutic148 Member

thanks beretta young gun and yes that is true they are great

4. Alamo

Alamo Member

Not too long ago I got to daydreaming what I would buy if I won the Lotto here in Texas. Decided if I did win, I would keep my two Ljutics, nothing else could even tempt me. Even if money was no object. I am extremely satisfied with my guns.

Just curious, when was your gun made?

Larry Hancock

5. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I recently started having misfires with my Ljutic Mono, especially with some older CCI primers. Called Jimmy at Ljutic and he sent me a new hammer spring and now it will fire any primer.
    Carey

6. ljutic148

ljutic148 Member

hi Larry my ljutic mono gun is an LTX and it was made in 1995

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Ljutics do NOT like "dry firing".

8. ljutic148

ljutic148 Member

definantly not i never do and wont ever

9. Country Squire

Country Squire TS Member

Ljutic148, About 90% of misfires in Ljutics are shell related. Primers set too deep etc.A good trick is to take out the firing pin and clean the firing pin hole. It gets some debris in there. I take a Q-tip and bend it with some powder solvent and swab it out good. Then take the firing pin and chuck it in the drill press and polish it bright and shiney. They sell a firing pin return spring that works well.Hope this helps George

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

do not put grease on the cocking rod, use a light oil because in the winter the hammer falls won't push the cocking rod back due to viscosity of the grease in the cold weather, causes a lot of mis fires.

No problems w/Ljutics

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. loop02

loop02 Member

I broke a firing pin and a cocking rod pin in 18 years. Check the firing pin. Mine broke behind the taper and didn't fall out. I have put 200,000 or 250,000 or more shells through this gun. A bunch were XX magnum 4's. My hammer spring is getting a little weak on some Fiocchi primers. There goes another $15.00...LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ain't a bad looking old gun, and Incredible Kenney Eyster choke
    [​IMG]
    Refinishing MX2000 stock

12. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Gotta seng mine to Yakima today, rib came loose, Med rib gun in the 3000 range serial number.

Rick

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I just had mine rebuilt #28XX after 500,000 plus rounds, 90% reloads. It looks and feels like a new gun. Why did I get it rebuilt? It looked like crap, after being handled a half million times.

14. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Mine , built in 1966 ? had a firing pin problem years ago. The pin was flared out somewhat and was dragging in the hole causing some misfires , A file to the edge cured it . I do have another firing pin but couldn`t find it at the time . Other than that , it keeps on ticking .

15. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

Mine is #2011 and I got it from my buddy who quit shooting trap at 70 after putting 200,000 thru it. I have about 70,000 thru it and never a problem . I clean the barrell every once in awhile and the trigger and pins and springs about twice a year.

16. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I am impressed how much some of you guys shoot annually! 500,000 divided by 17 years is approx 30,000 singles and caps annually! Now that is one hell of a lot of shooting! Tom Rhoads

17. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Yeah, I have a Ljutic problem. Problem is, my best trapshooting buddy has one and I don't! Other than that, no problems at all.

18. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I had a Ljutic mono gun for a couple years, and the only problems I had with it was the release trigger changed settings almost at will, and the trigger pins had a habit of breaking every now and then. Have since gone to Perazzi guns and never looked back.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

19. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Best buy on the market. Allows you to concentrate on shooting and not on possible gun problems. For me the less I have to think about when I am shooting the better. Owned 4 still have 3 and only need 1. Just hard to pass up good deals. Shouldn't have sold the 1 that I did. Glenn

20. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Wyatt, I have Ljutic Mono #121. The only problem I have is with Gun Club ammo. On the average there is 1 shell in each box that will not fire. 2 years ago I had problems with 1 lot of Estate ammo but everything is OK now. Like someone else mentioned, you should take the firing pin out and clean the hole and the area where the pin moves. A new firing pin and spring might also help. They are a lot less expensive than P-gun springs and pins. Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.