1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any place to shoot close to Bar Harbor Maine

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Farbodr, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Farbodr

Farbodr TS Member

I will be at Acadia National Park for the week of 4th of July. Any good places to shoot close by? I can shoot any day but the weekends and the 4th.

Thanks,
    Fred

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

One of the disappointing aspects of Bar Harbor, maybe the only one? There's a limited number of small private clubs but not many public ones in the area. I spend a lot of summer there, and usually go down to Scarborough, below Portland to shoot. It's a long drive, but a great club. You can also shoot the 5-stand at LL Bean in Freeport, as part of the Outdoor program. The times are usually Tues & Thur, but check their web site for this year.

The Hermon Skeet & Trap Club Blackstream Rd. Hermon, ME 04401 (207)848-7855 Take exit 182 B off I-95, to Rt 2 West. Through Hermon approx 8 Miles to Blackstream Rd on Right. 1 Mile to Club on Right. It's west of Bangor about 10 miles

Herman is a nice club and used to alternate with Scarborough on the ATA state shoot. I think they still shoot on Wed, Sat and Sun mornings - call ahead.

You might also call this gun shop and talk to a local, to see if you can find an intro to one of the private clubs. Contrary to common belief, Mainer's especially shooters can be very friendly folk.

Poseidon Firearms. 211 Bar Harbor Rd, Trenton, ME 04605 (207) 610-1788 It's about half way between Ellsworth and BH on Rt 3, before you get to the airport.

Kip

3. Heeringa

Heeringa Active Member

Stopped in Bar Harbor last fall on a cruise. Beautiful part of the country up there. I really enjoyed the area.

Heeringa

4. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

The Chart Room on the main road is a good place to eat dinner. Jordan's Restaurant is a good place to eat breakfast. Generally have your coffee in front of you before you can get seated. Blueberry pancakes and Lobster omelets.

5. higun

higun Member

Kip,

Is it really a common belief that Mainers are an unfriendly group of folks?

Joe Hall

Friendly Mainer

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Higun,

And, we have a sense of humor, too. I've always said, the world just doesn't get us, yet. Sometimes I wish they would hurry up and get with it. Or, blow up the damn bridge!

Mainer, living in exile (part of the year - for now)
    Kip

7. Shawn

Shawn Member

I think Maine trap shooters are very friendly. I have only attended the State shoot once. Shooters came up to me in the parking lot and welcomed me and thanked me for coming. I don't recall that happening anywhere else. I would love to shoot Maine again if it worked into my schedule.

Shawn

Search tags for this page

bar harbor maine shooting range

indoor shooting range bar harbor maine

maine skeet shooting hall

skeet shooting near bar harbor