1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any photographer/trapshooters on here (O/T)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

I know this is really "Off-Topic", but I thought it may be more readily seen, so I hope no one is upset of my request.

I was just wondering if there are any photographer/trapshooters on here who might have some older Minolta (or Konica/Minolta) "A"-mount lenses that they aren't using and would possibly looking at selling them. I am using a Sony A580 camera, and after Sony bought out Minolta (and Konica/Minolta), those lenses work on the same lens mount. I am really looking for a low f-stop long-range telephoto lens. I have recently gotten into digital photography and take lots of outdoor scenes and wild life shots, in addition to many photos taken at trapshoots around South Texas. I have a Sigma 70-200mm (f/2.8) and have added a Sigma 2X (6 element) teleconverter to get a 400mm equivalent lens, but was looking for a lot longer fixed low f-stop lens, at a reasonable price. Looked around on e-bay, but thought I would ask some of my trapshooting brethren first. Thanks for your time.

Mike* (MH*)

2. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

Mike,

Jane and I are in Tucson (post Autumn Grand), will be leaving Friday for Laughlin and Las Vegas for the next ten days or so. I will check with my daughter as she has several old lens bodies that she is not using. Sorry but I am not sure what brands these are as she has had many.

Nice to hear from you.

Ron Schroer

3. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Thanks for the reply Ron, and I hope y'all have a great time out west. No rush on finding out what brands or what she might have. Just starting to look around. When I got into digital work, I heard from a lot of people who had older film camera and lenses, and at the time didn't know that Minolta (and the newer Konica/Minolta) lenses were the same type lens mount as my current Sony Alpha models. I would feel better finding some of these lenses from folks on here or shooting friends than taking a chance on ebay. Hope you shot well, catch ya later, Mike* (MH*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.