1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

any pellet gun shooter around

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhmorrisn, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

Are there any pellet gun shooters who are interested is shooting a indoor match via the internet?

2. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

How small do the pellets need to be to travel by coax?

Seriously, like a postal match? I no longer have anything "precision", just the average assortment of Crossmans, Benjamins, Sheridans, and an old, outdated, undersprung springer Winchester. Could be fun.

We used to get together one or two evenings a month with Win 435s and shoot offhand matches to stay in shape for the spring and summer offhand black powder shoots. In our club were several national champions and runners up.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'd have to cheat. Ever since i found CCI CB Longs i deamed air rifles useless at my house. Shot out of my Marlin 39A with Weaver scope i'm pretty deadly accurate. I know i know, I'd probably get my ass handed to me by some of todays air rifles. I already had the Marlin though. Good luck though. Sounds as if it could be fun for some.

Matt

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why don't you try the pellet gun site??

Don

5. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

OK BIGON, where is the air pellet site?

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

try talonairgun.com or the biggest one is http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Would this qualify? Shot at 20 yards with my .22 BSA R-10. That's about a .144 CTC group! Not bad for a sporting airgun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Andy--My Marlin will do that.....................from 5 yards. LOL

Matt

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Hehehehehe......my R-10 even does it at 33 yards! I'm totally blown away with the accuracy of these guns! Once you find the pellet(s) it likes, the groups become a 1-hole affair! It actually becomes boring sometimes!

10. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

OK guys. That a nice group. Now then, let's stand up on your hind legs like a man and shoot 30 shots, 2 shots per bull-eye.

The ideal of a match is how well you shoot, not necessary how well you rifle can shoot.

11. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

What distance did you have in mind.......10 meters?

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Morris don't know and don't care. This is a shotgun site for trapshooters so when you figure out how to shoot clay targets with one let me know. Until then it belongs on it's own site.

Don

13. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

The 30 shot match will shoot on the 10 meter target and the 25 shot match will shoot at 25 feet on the 25 foot target.

I get some pictures of the target up sometime day.

14. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

"Morris don't know and don't care. This is a shotgun site for trapshooters so when you figure out how to shoot clay targets with one let me know. Until then it belongs on it's own site.

Don"

Sounds like someone didn't get what they wanted for Christmas!

BTW- I break clays at 100~125 yards all the time with my airguns....can you claim that with your scatterguns?

AndyH :)

15. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have a couple of tins of miesterkulgens I have been wanting to break out.. what does the winner get??lol..

16. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

If you by chance should win after investing the $5 entry fee for the cost of targets and postage, you will receive a certificate signed by me with your name printed on it for all the world can see that you are a winner,

What more than that can to possibly need or want?

17. quartering

quartering Active Member

i'll play. if i can find a way to mount my zeiss hensoldt 6-24x72 to the 'ol blue streak. good luck with it

18. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

you know to make it interesting lets shoot clay targets that are thrown through the air with some sort of machine and we'll start out at 16 yds....

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Andy: I got everything I wanted except people to stop cluttering up this web site. It's trapshooters.com not anythingwithatrigger.com

If you are claiming to break clays flying through the air at 100/125 yds I must say BS. If you can send me a copy of the magazine cover you are on because if you are that good you must be famous. You would also be a Big Deal on the air gun site, send me a the address and I would be glad to read about you.

Don

20. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

sorry Big Don but I must include myself in this discussion.

This is the "everything with a trigger" and problems with you dog, and which RV should I buy, and can you tell me why my ass is green, site.

But in order to be here you must also shoot trap. I do.

Luckily that's not all we do as it would certainly get old jsut doing one thing.

So this Air Rifle match,,, is there several categories? I assume you are talking Offhand with Iron signts and Scope sights? Shot at 30-33 feet?

Is there a bench rest category too?

Count me in !

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.