1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any other fans of Fiberglass out there???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CalvinMD, Sep 14, 2013.

1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

As painful as it was I finally relented and sent my 454SS to live with a new family...since I've always had a love of Chevys glass body runabout with wheels..I took the plunge again and picked this up yesterday..just cant get away from red for some reason...Anyhow..just wondering how many other of us trappers out there have a soft spot for them too and wants to share a pic or two of their ride..got the 6spd cuz I missed rowing my own gears in the seat of a car that makes planting your right foot and watching a swinging tach needle a boatload of fun, ..comes with the benefit of going a lot further on a gallon of premium too!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I have a 76, body has been off, frame sandblasted, all new brake,gas lines, calipers,rotors, trailing arms, radiator suport, rear spring, all the rubber lines, hoses, replaced, new power steering hoses, door panels, carpet, clutch and a lot of other small stuff replaced. Driving it around some to get bugs out. Hope to get it stripped this winter and painted Mahogany. It has T.T steering column, 4 speed, power windows, T-Tops and Aluminum wheels not much else for options.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Red is the only way to fly, if you are going to fly that is ... Very nice ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. philk

philk Member

Had a hotrodded `64 convert with hardtop, now residing in a pole barn in northwest Minnesota and had a `77 that I sold to a buddy that killed a moose with it up in Minnesota. Last time I saw it it was in a Minn. state trooper inpound garage. On the wish list is a `69 or so bumper car with a 427.

5. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 TS Member

I have an 04 I picked up a few years ago.

[​IMG]

6. philk

philk Member

What year is it Calvin ? Looks to be in super nice condition.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

'63 red convertible, '68 and an '85. Loved them all. '63 stolen and never found on my senior prom night and had to have my parents pick me and my date up. Bummer.

8. CalvinMD

its a 94...very low miles garage queen..too much of a bargain to pass up and a ball to drive..has a Borla exhaust system, BBK 58mm Throttle body, 30lb/hr injectors ,the 3.54 rear and a professional tune...runs really really nice..all that power and driven gently is currently averaging 22mpg..time will tell

9. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

A friend has three in his garage, and the last time I saw them was 1972.

He has a 62, 64, and 65, all small block 4-speed cars.

I have been his garage since 72, but they are covered with so much stuff, you could not actually see them.

At one point they were nice.

In about 83, he turned down $130,000 sight-un-seen, from Fla..

To each their own.

10. CalvinMD

Love that yellow Baker...it was a toss up for me and it just happened to be the red one becoming first pick...got the deep blue clear acrylic roof on the way already...I love my sun shining through...its a 110% pure pleasure vehicle and in 3months here in Md. it is Historic tag eligible (20yrs old)

11. bossbasl

bossbasl Active Member

Now that's the proper use for fiberglass! As for the color; a 'Vette just doesn't look right in most any other color than red. Enjoy.

12. Fre2fly

Fre2fly TS Member

Yup I have been a fan of glass for many years this is my 99. Hope I can get it to post.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. CalvinMD

14. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Here's my 89. 383 stroker, 450 rwhp. 355 posi. 11.90 et's in 1/4 mile.
    fully restored in and out.
    [​IMG]

15. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Wow, some really nice looking cars there. Of course, "arrest me Red" is always a great color for a sports car.

I cannot afford red cars. I seemed to get too many tickets. I never understood how I could get a ticket for 6mph over posted with the red one and never with other colors. I drive my grey sedan past a radar trap at 12 over, and the officer hardly notices.

I have had three of the same model Kawasaki's. The black one got one ticket, the bright red one got at least 6 and the dark maroon one has not gotten any. Same make and model, same rider.

Of course, bright red is still my favorite

16. CalvinMD

I'm being extra good..driving 100% by the book..don't need none of them safe driving awards Leo,..still though, just in case, ..I keep a box of Krispy Kremes handy to pitch out the window to throw the law off my trail if I need to make a run for it,..a form of counter-measures if you will

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The last piece of Fiberglass I got real attached to had 2 Chevy Engines (350 Magnums by Baker Brothers Marine,and Merc cruiser) and was 27 Foot long, said "Mirage" down the side ... It looked as good and as fast on the trailer as it was in the water ... If I can find some pictures I will post them ... I like the Vettes, just don't fit in them really well ... Probably a good thing or I would have to have one ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The fiberglass that interests me is a Cobra kit car. I have a genuine 427 Medium Riser set aside for one. Maybe after my daughter is done with college.

19. CalvinMD

five years ago...I would never have fit in one either..not even a tiny bit even if I was hosed down wit WD40!! I love the fiberglass that floats too WPT...had a really slick Fountain 10meter with a pair of 400hp big blocks..then I got sick..and gas on the docks went to $4.25-$4.50 a gallon...needless to say @27-30 gal/hr just cruising it didn't take long for the love to wear off

20. JPM

JPM Member

Brian, My son-in-law and I agreed to build a Cobra kit car - I owned a 67 Cobra for a brief moment in time back in another lifetime - but then we both sobered up. JPM