1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Other Browning Broadway Trap Shooters?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Earlier this year when my club purchased a PAT Trap, I decided to buy an over-under trap gun for doubles, and another club member showed me a 1960 Browning Broadway with a 'release-pull' trigger, which I bought after shooting one round with it. This trap gun feels so natural in my hands and my overall average is now about one point higher. And I never thought that doubles would be so much fun! It's not as barrel-light as the Citori's.

Anybody else shoot a Browning Broadway? How old? Have you miked the chokes? My lower barrel has .0294 constriction, and the upper barrel is .0416 constriction. The factory stock has 1.75" drop at the heel, and 1.50" drop at the comb.

LA

2. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Won State runner up for my Doubles class a couple of years ago with my 1972 Broadway Browning which has fixed chokes: Mod & Full. I replaced the original recoil pad with a Kickeez. I also installed a mercury recoil reducer which altered the gun's balance, so I took it off after a few months. I am very happy with it now.

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I have a 1969 Browning Broadway, with fixed chokes (IM/Full). I added an adjustable comb and shot the heck out of it. I won my first shoot-off with this gun and quite a few buckles. Unfortunately, it needs a major overhaul and now resides in my safe. It's still shootable, but it has broken down at the most inopportune times, so there's a confidence issue. I miss it on occasion. It is also the best doubles gun I have ever had (my XT is a close second).

...and before someone asks, no, it is not for sale!

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

MIA has or had one of the most gorgeous ones I ever saw...how about it Jack ..you still have that puppy?

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Still shooting the Broadway I bought new in 1970 for $500. Actually not 100% true as I replaced the stock in '72 and the barrels in '03. The receiver and forearm are the only original parts left.

Eric

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

To: Browning4me,

Send your old friend to Art's. She'll come back like new.

Eric

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I purchased my Browning Superposed ST-100 (rare model..look it up) new in 1980 and it has been my doubles gun ever since....dead reliable...murders targets...30" with fixed chokes, IM and F...wouldn't think of messing with the bbl's...they're already perfect.

8. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Thank you Eric for the web link. I'll give him a call next week and see what Art says.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I do not shoot a Broadway now, but the first trap gun I bought in 1960 was a Broadway. In 1962 I also bought a Browning Superposed field gun with double selective triggers. That was, and still is, an unusual trigger configuration.

Pat Ireland

10. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

My father shot a Broadway which I now have, it does break birds he won a lot of club events with it but beats the snot out of me.

11. spclays1

spclays1 TS Member

I had but sold a beautiful 1964, 32" Broadway Trap. I sent it to Briley and had thin wall chokes installed and could shoot it great. I traded it in on a 687 EELL unsingle combo like a dummy. I shot it real good also....

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

1971 30" f/im. Broadway Lightning Trap. Bought it in 2000 for 750.00. It's all original with the lever still to the right. I started shooting ATA 5 yrs. ago so I bought a 682 combo, and retired the broadway to a back up. I just didn't want to beat it up. It's my favorite shotgun that I own!

13. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

How do you locate MIA's website? Thanks, Ed

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I shot one quite a bit in my past. Mainly used it for handicap in trapshooting. Before I got to really know Leo and actually just met him at this shoot (Neb State Shoot) it soundly defeated him in shoot off for out of state handicap champion. I will never sell this gun for that reason. It was also my live bird gun of choice and I've carried it all day many days pheasant hunting. Bought another that I've never shot just because it was priced right.

15. KRE

KRE TS Member

I've a 69 Broadway 32" Mod & full, love the old girl. I am the second owner as the gun was bought new by the fella, that makes the Bettershot maker.

She has never missed a bird that I know of, that was not shooter error :)

Kenneth

16. Alamo

Alamo Member

Need to shoot more,

I have a 1967 Browning Broadway with 30" barrels that bruised my shoulder on the first fifty birds that I shot with it. Had local gunsmith add a pitch spacer for very little money and bruise went away. Gun is now a pleasure to shoot.

17. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

chauncy, I'm going to say 74. I remember we had 95's.

18. JH

JH Well-Known Member

I was shooting my 1974 32" Lightning Broadway yesterday with F/IM chokes for the second time since I bought it NEW IN THE BOX in an estate auction. The workmanship, fit and finish and wood quality is considerably better than guns costing four to five times what I paid.

It shot great. I am selling my 682.

19. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

The Browning Broadway was infamous for having the wide rib come loose. When I bought mine in 1962 Browing had lifetime warranty as long you were the orginal owner. Had rib replaced 3 (yes 3) times, the last time about 15 years ago. Since than it sits in my safe, used accionaly by my son for doubles in club shoots. Yesterday--47x50. Not bad for guy who only shoots 3 or 4 times a years.(work schedule). Don D.

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Bangalore, you are correct. The fit and finish on Browning Superposed Belgium guns rivals best quality guns from England.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.