1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any one tried the new Savage AccuStock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Remstar311, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Was just at Bass Pro and saw one of the new Savage AccuStocked guns. Anyone have anything to say about them. The barrel is free floated and it has the accutrigger as well. If it had been a .270WSM I would probably have one, but it was a .300WSM so I got lucky.

Thanks
    Nick

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I was at a local dealer and I was able to see the see through display model. It's really something! Next year the most affordable Savages will wear it as well. This will make a heck of a shooter out of some pretty low priced rifles. It's really something that I am suprised has not been built by one of the custom stocks makers. Not sure I can ever buy a savage but closer to considering it that is for sure. Jeff

3. primer

primer TS Member

Please explain what it does. Thanks

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Its a factory bedded synthetic stock. Something about the way they bed them is different. I have yet to own a Savage but would be interested in it. The one I looked at was a .300 WSM Stainless/Synthetic (all the Accustocks are synthetics). It was priced around $650.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If I remember correctly it's bedded on twin pillars and the pillars are tied together, so the action is sitting on a very strong foundation that doesn't flex or distort. That entire unit is cast into the stock.

6. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

My buddy bought a new Savage model 12 .204, with both the accu stock and accu trigger. After putting a Leupold 6 x 18 on it and breaking in the barrel it shot 2" groups at 200 yards. We are not experts but we were consistent with the 2" groups. This is a very accurate gun right out of the box.

7. shrek

shrek Active Member

I recently picked up a like new factory custom Model 16FHSS in 260 rem with an accustock and an accutrigger.

Have not had a chance to shoot it much, but so far so good.

biggest challenge now is getting components gathered up to do some reloading for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.