1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any one recommend a good dryer vent cleaning kit

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by need to shoot more, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hi Guys I want to add dryer vent cleaning to my HVAC services has anyone had a good expiereance with a specfic one? Also on pricing do you charge per foot,flate rate over/under$ ?

Thank you in advance,

Jim Z

ps pm direct if that is better for you

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I do my own - I roll my shop compressor into or near the laundry room and insert the hose and start turning it up. Works perfectly

3. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I do the same. Charlie

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

This thing seems to work okay. Vent pipe may be too long (mine is) which requires taking the pipe apart at the "halfway point" and doing it as a two stage cleaning and retaping. Do it once a year. When I did my son's vent, so much lint came out of it I thought it was a joke. If the vent was made to code, the cleaner will likely be long enough to reach the opening without pulling the pipe apart halfway. Good luck

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

stokinpls, Push through from the inside heading out?

6. build4u

build4u Member

I saw a brush kit I believe at Depot. The combo of that and air flow or shop vacuming will do it. I build cutom homes and do a little insurance work. Make sure the pipe is solid smooth metal. You can have a piece of flexable metal at the dryer connection but less is better. Make sure the fitting are taped with the foil tape and the number of screws to a minumum. The points sticking through catch lint. They can be a fire hazard especially with the plastic flex pipe, and a smooth flowing system creates less dust in the house.

7. need to shoot more

Thanks to all,the one I was looking at is called the Linteater?? Again Thank You

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Try Bed Bath and Beyond. They have all kinds of stuff for cleaning in the home. Most of it not industrial strength, but no big investments are usually involved. I wonder if there is a trick to make this easier, such as throwing in corn cob or walnut media into the dryer and letting it run?

My "Maytag Man" knows all kinds of ways to tune Maytag washers, maybe your "maytag Man" has a trick way to fix the vents that he knows about?

9. BudLight

BudLight Member

Linteater at Lowes.

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

a leaf blower works very well. creates some dust, but works very well

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Bob Hawkes,
    Yeah, you fish the "handle end" through the pipe until it comes out of the "end", then go outside and yank it through, repeating as necessary. It means one or two trips back into the house to repeat, but it does a decent job. Good luck.

12. need to shoot more

Thank you for the replies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.