1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Old side by side experts out there

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by copper, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

I recently bought and old 12 ga side by side side lock makers marked D Williamsom waterloo Rd London very nice old side by side fluid steel barrels nice fine line engraving strait grip great wood after I removed finish from checkering who does that to a gun , can,t find out much any info would be great thanks Dave

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Copper, call Ivory Beads toll free 888-328-0700. they have a wide knowledge of SXS's. they are in Califonia

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Copper, Ivory Beads is closed on Mondays. Bill

4. copper

copper Member

Thanks very much for info I am a sucker for old side by sides and great wood and engraving also funny I shoot berreta 390,s the best but can,t stand the look of course I love old farm houses and drive a 21 year old great looking step side truck also . Dave

5. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

http://www.doublegunshop.com

Post pic's and submit. These guys know it all!!!!!!

6. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

You will also find a fair number of fine old guns, that are knock offs of well known firearms makers.

One letter off, or an intial between names, if the maker used an intial that will be the change.

Mostly they are fine old guns, some look fine, but there is a reason it is a knockoff.

Al Lingham

7. webley

webley TS Member

Copper,

Your gun was made by Dudley Williamson, established 1820.

I don't know what their early address was but they were at 3 Waterloo Road, London from 1906-11 & 5 Waterloo Road from 1912-20.

They may have carried on in business after that last date it's just that I don't have any information after 1920.

Actually they may never have moved physically from No. 3 to No. 5 as sometimes the numbering system was re-adjusted on some city streets.

Regards

Russell

8. copper

copper Member

Thanks very much for all the info I will try to post some picture nice gun nothing beats the feel of a side by side or looks . Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.