1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Old Dick Tracy Comic Fans???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I thought maybe a few of you might get a kick out of the enclosed drawing. I had forgot all about doing it about a year ago, til I fumbled across it.

I was all revved up on putting it on the Tracy web site, the head guy said "sure, looks like a good idea." But after researching it a bit, found out I couldn't do it without prior permission from the Chicago Tribune, which fell through. Ticked me off cause I spent alot of time on it...but like they say--"oh, well"

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! puablo
    [​IMG]

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I read it as a kid in the mid-1960's. That was when Dick Tracy was visiting his friend Diet Smith on his moonbase mining and smelting gold. And I remember Dick Tracy's house burning down and he was caught in the basement. He was blind, but recovered his eyesight but kept it a secret. He rigged up a pair of dark glasses with rearview mirrors so he could see the thugs following him. That's about all I can recall.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Another Dick Tracy movie? Hope it's better than the one with Warren Beatty and Madonna.

Eric

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Just wait a little while. The Tribune has filed for bankruptcy there will be no one to do anything about it.

Rock

Jim

5. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Open Mind Monty was my favorite bad guy.

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

As a kid in the mid 70's I delivered the Pittsburgh Press the afternoon and Sunday paper. I would get the comics and ads on Wednesday afternoon and would typically have the funnies read that night.

Ronbo

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I read Dick Tracey when I was little. I really liked comic books. All of us shared them. We got Wonder Woman, Dick Tracey, Batman, Spiderman, and Archie and the Gang comic books.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I forgot the Richie Rich comic books. Got those, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.