1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any of you use a Shotgun Laser Bore Sight?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Do you any of you use a Shotgun Laser Bore Sight? Recently, I have been patterning a new barrel and plain and simple it's a pain to drive out to the club, set up a bench press, and shoot a # of patterns at a board.

Someone I know recently purchased a Shotgun Laser Bore Sight and he said his patterning days are now over as it takes just minutes and you know where the barrel shoots.

Any one out there ever use one? They are not that expensive, and I was thinking of purchasing one. What do you think?
    Steve Balistreri

2. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

It would be helpful to ascertain where the barrel is pointed, but will not tell you what the pattern looks like, if that is important to you. Regardless, I think it would be a fun tool to have.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I and a few of my friends have used one for years.

As far as I'm concerned, they work great!

Hauxfan!

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I did a review of the LaserShooter made by the Robert Louis Company (URL above) for the April issue of Shotgun Sports Magazine. The spud fits snugly in your barrel (doesn't "flop around"), you extend a wire with a ring on the end to the trigger area, put your finger through the ring and touch the trigger or any metal part of your gun. The laser then shoots a red dot onto where your gun is looking. The spud's pressure balls are centered at the factory and the laser's body has a taper that automatically centers it in your gun's muzzle.

averaged_2008_0303476.jpg

Your can get them in any one or all four bore sizes and they come with batteries plus an extra set of them. One thing I found interesting was how much your POI changes with slight mounting errors even at a short distance like across a room in your home.

Use the discount trigger "AveragEd" and receive 10% off during April!

Ed

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who responded so far. I recently gave most of my guns to my son in law for my grandsons to shoot some day. I have been using the same 870 tb for a # of years and recently picked up my first choke tube barrel.

What was interesting to me was the mod choke and the full choke have different poi's, not by much but different. They both shoot straight and I thought a bore sight could be worth the money.

I honestly thought that these bore sights were a lot more money than they are?
    Thanks for your imput, and if any one else has any other opinions let me know.
    Steve

6. bevolt

bevolt Member

anybody have some pattern data which confirms or denys that a laser boresight will give you the POI downrange (say 25 yds) with accuracy?

7. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

I've used them for at least a decade. Have a reflecting target set up at 35yds. and it appears to give a very good correlation of POI on actual patterning boards.

Hank Cross

8. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

I use one all the time. I got it 3 or4 yrs ago.They do a gog job but I have found that setting 2 guns the same seldom gives you the same poi at the range.You will have to change a it some probley because of the way it fits your shoulder. I set 2 guns the same onthe wall at 35 yds and when I shot it I HAD TO ranse it 3 clicks to shoot shoot ware I was looking.I am very happy with mine. They get you in very close,then the brakes show you what you need to fine tune it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to use lazer to sight in shotgun

laser sites trap gun
shotgun bore sight