1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any of you remember these 2 professionals?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Cabin fever time again...any of you remember these 2 guys? Paul Barber from Winchester and Bob Corsetti from Federal. Just wondering if they are still living and maybe a contact number if they are. Thanks, puablo

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Any older person from the Northeast should Jeff. I heard Bob is living somewhere in MA a couple of years ago. Fun times and good people. I don't have any contacts for you, sorry. Good health and good shooting to you, Bob

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bob...you're right-good times and good people. Jeff

4. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Jeff and Bob.
    Im not much help,but I knew them both.Paul Barber was the Winchester Rep.that use to come in to Bob Racine's shop back then,and I remember when Bob Corsetti use to shoot at Singletary Gun club and went to work for Federal.That was a few years ago my friend!!!!!!!!!!,ya makinn me feel old now. LOL.Oh yah,one more person of interest---Pete Mc Call was around there at that time.Inna 70s I think.Ah jeez,one more Rep.From Winchester--Reverdy Smith,he was a character.While im onna roll,Im sure both you guys have shot at LordShip,that place was it back then.One more place was pretty special back then,Philipbar's Shooting Club,ever hear of that place Jeff?????.might not have been the correct name of club.

Sandy.

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

There was a Paul Barber who shot trap and who ran the sporting goods dept. at Seattle Wholesale Hardware in the 1940's. He's long gone - if this is the same person.

6. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Big Heap,

I would say no???,the Paul Barber I remember then was in his 40s i think.It was in the North East also.I might be wrong.

Sandy.

7. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Jeff:

I was at the Shot Show several weeks ago and I think Corsetti is alive and well. Paul Barber Jr. is a rep for the old G.B.Stumpp group,( another ex Winchester guy) I think Paul Sr. is still alive but is probably in his 90's now.

Bob Beam, another Remington Rep is in CT and suffered a stroke several years ago. He is doing OK. I hear Amerigo is not doing well. He was Mr. Remington in my book.

Bob Gibson

PS. Do you still have your old All-American Patch. I hear that that Ted Philipbar always had trouble getting you to the shooting line on time!!!!!! Too many cute trapgirls!

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Sandy, that be dad's ole place...Taconic Trap Club, which we closed in '99.

Bob, glad to hear you think Corsetti and Barber are still around. If you see young Paul, tell him I was asking for his father...yeah, I can remember upsetting my dad a few times...best one I remember was out to one of the handicaps at the grand being down only 2 birds and one of the pretty gal's smiles and missing 2 targets on one post on last trap ending with 96...'course I was young and ignorant
    so I didn't know any better.

Look forward to seeing you guys. Take care, Jeff

9. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Jeff,
    Just couldn't remember the name,TACONIC TRAP CLUB.Thanx.Lookinn forward to see you,maybe we can shoot some pairs again,I shot good doubles with you.
    Sandy.

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Sandy, we had a good time over at Hartford. Hope we can do it again soon.Jeff

11. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Jeff:

I did some further cheking and spoke to one of the principals of the old G.B.Stumpp Group trying to get a hold of Paul Barber Junior. John Carroll told me that Paul Sr. died two or three years ago. He thought that Bob Corsetti was still alive and no longer in the industry.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC

12. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Amerigo not doing well ??

Can someone shed some light on his situation please.

I always enjoyed shooting the breeze with him at shoots...

Wonderful guy...

Thanks, Dave in SC

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Dave, check your PM

14. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Thanks Bob for the PM...I reallyu appreciate that.

Dave Monahan in SC

15. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Bob, thanks alot for the info. Hope all is well with you. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.