1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any of you folks shooting a BT-99 this vintage????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

shoot it and enjoy it John

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have a 1972 version that I use for game shoots every week. It has won me a fair amount of money. 34 inch barrel and full fixed choke. I bought mine for $495 a couple years ago. It's a keeper. Mark

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I bought a new one in 1971 that looked that good (LOL). Seriously though, My son found one (1974 model) in a pawn shop that was at least 99%. Excepy for a little dust it was as new. Pawn shop had no market for a trap gun so they made a trade that worked very well in my son's favor, and I guess the pawn shop owner was happy as well. Marc

4. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

bought mine new in 1970 From a shop in Rochester Minnesota. Mine still looks very nice but has one small scratch on the stock. Still use it all the time as my main gun. 34" extra full choke dissintegrates targets! Very nice find you have and enjoy the heck out of it like I have with mine!

J.F.

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

is it a 34"?

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

when you lay one of todays vintage beside one of the 70's vintage it becomes immediately apparent how much better the old ones are. The 99's made today are just not quality

7. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Can we ask how much you got it for?

8. wproct

wproct Member

You have bought a fantastic BT99, very nice. I bought one just like it at the Iowa State Trapshoot this year. Mine is a 1971 year production, lightly used, blueing is at least 95-98%. Previous owner had an adjustable comb installed. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but plan to do so tomorrow. Like you, I was thrilled to buy a 39 year old gun in such nice condition. Mine is quite nice, but not as nice as yours. Mine also has a 32 in bbl and the choke is full and hasn't been modified. I'm hoping that mine will work for me and hope that you enjoy yours.

9. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

It was good enough for Frank Little back in those days!!!......Uncle Sam, Pa.

10. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I got tired of adjustable ribs, combs, & choke tubes and went back to basics with a 1969 Bt-99. It's got a 27 yard Herb Orre barrel on it and everyone talks about how it hits targets. It's not very pretty in the rack with the other guns at the shootoffs, but Stu Wright is going to work on that over the winter. Going simple is the best move I've made and it's fun to watch people get mad when you beat them with a $700.00 gun.

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

For you BT-99 Owners serial numbers that started with RR or RT these were the high shooters, a little difference in rib height.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

The 1970 and RP (1978) guns were "medium shooters" for the BT-99. They shoot about 10% higher than the standard BT but not as high as th RR (1977) or RT (1976) guns.

13. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

mine is a 68, and its all i use.

14. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Years ago I purchased an old style Bt99 from a guy. It was used, but in good shape. The first ones made had reddish tone wood to them and the barrels were not highly polished, they were rather dull in appearance. When I took the gun home I took the recoil pad off the stock and the guy had the original receipt in the stock hole. He purchased it new in 1968 for $288.00 plus tax.
    Steve Balistreri

15. indycamster

indycamster Member

I have a 1971 BT-99. I just bought it in May and still learning to shoot.
    Serial Number is: 71D09237. I think it is defective; it misses hard rights. Could not possibly be me, could it? Could it?

16. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I use to collect old style bt99's made before 1976. I had owned 12 of them over the years and inspected over 100 of them. Interesting note, out of all these guns I only found one gun with left hand cast. Everyone of them was right hand cast. Makes me wonder if the one I owned with left hand cast, and I am left handed, if this stock was heated and cast for a left hander by a previous owner, or if it came from the factory that way.
    Steve Balistreri

17. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Mine is a 1972, bought new for $325 (if the memory is working today) and I shoot it regularly. I have other trap guns, but the ol' BT is my 'go-to' gun when I'm serious.

18. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

I bought one for my first wife for a Christmas present in 1973 for $315.00. When she passed away I shot it for a few years then went on to other guns. #2 is shooting it very well to this day. I have looked at some of the newer ones and am thankful that I have that oldie around. Locks up as sweet as the very first time it was put together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.