1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any nice Turkeys killed today??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mark Schlabach, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Schlabach

Mark Schlabach TS Member

Any successful Ohio Turkey Hunters???

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

arliemark1

What you think this is a Hunting site man that was way off topic from trap shooting ok what size of shot did you use 7 1/2's or 8's.

Ok just kidding with you I have been know to make a few off topic threads also.

So carry on.

Foghorn

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Foggy do you use 7 1/2's or 8's? Just kidding.

Pertaining to the thread....my little brother killed a bird last weekend with a 9 1/2 inch beard....good turkey I thought.

Forrest

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Forrest

Ok I don't hunt any thing execpt them orange things that fly's out of the trap house.

But I don't know how long a turkey beard is suppose to be but as you said it looks to be a good one I know 9 1/2 inches would be a good size in other things .

Foggy

5. tripdog7

tripdog7 TS Member

I got a turkey Sunday. I used the front bumper of a Ford F-150, velocity was about 40 MPH. The initial muzzle velocity was 55 MPH and oncoming traffic prevented swerving. Judging by the poof of feathers in the rearview mirror, I'd say it was patterned at extra full. I did not immediately tag the bird, as traffic behind me prevented me from stopping. I'm sure a crow or coyote had a nice meal.

6. RLSS

RLSS TS Member

TrapshooterJoe,

Very nice bird, congrats!! How long were his spurs?

RLSS

7. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Nice pic Trapshooter Joe... Nice Tom too. I got mine last Thursday noon. 3.5" of HeviShot laid him out quick. Just a 20 second upside down bike ride for him... 23#, 10.5" beard, and just under 1" spurs... SE Minn for me as well.... Man I love it down there... Literally it was hard to take a step without stepping in deer crap...

Good luck to those of you left to hunt....

LWL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.