1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on the position of ATA EX. Director

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DuckDog, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

I am sitting here drinking adult beverages with Mr. Dysinger and we are wondering what if anything is going on with the position of ATA Ex. Director? Anyone have any news?

2. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

Duckdog, i hope u got Brad to buy u a cold one . zimmie

3. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Zimmie,
    Get over here! Brad, Dave, Dirk, Gene Snively and I are solving all the worlds problems. We could use your help. Bring more beer and Baileys!

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Don I was in consideration until they found out I knew and was friends with you and Brad.

Don

5. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Who cares???

We need to be looking for replacements with the comming open seats on the EC....

I have it from parts unknown, that most of the EC is running for US Congress and Senate. Its the only place they could find a better deal than they currently have with the ATA.

6. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

If I were an ATA lifer from Ohio instead of Delaware, I think I would be asking what is wrong with my state org rather than trying to figure out the national level. "whatever do you mean Gary?"

I suspect many here do not know that IRS Form 990s are public information. As I look at the available Ohio 990 forms, I see inconsistencies. If I were an Ohio shooter, I would ask for some clarifications.

The Ohio State BOD is paid if they go to the state shoot. Kinda strange that those checks dropped off the radar. The 990 does not show anyone on the board being paid. (I suspect the Ohio BOD members did not what to get a 1099 for going to the State Shoot).

The Ohio Association receives money, shells, and guns that are given away at the state shoot. those entries do not seem to make the form 990.

the Ohio state shoot probably throws more than a million targets at their state shoot. Yet there is no mention of that income stream on the 990 form.

So enjoy your adult beverages... Get the membership stirred up about the ATA - I am sure the Ohio Association reporting inconsistencies can be explained.

7. Gary Waalkes

Anyone awake in Ohio? or did we have too many adult beverages?

8. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Gary, what difference does it make if they throw 1 million or 2 million targets? Don't they just get the daily fees from the registered events or is there some per target reimbursement? What am I missng. You can knock the OTA if you want but I have never been to a shoot in Ohio that I didn't thoroughly enjoy and including the Ohio State Shoot at Marengo. Keep up the good work Brad and friends. JRM

9. Gary Waalkes

When one sponsors a shoot, normally the sponsor gets a cut of the target prices. The OSTA charged $26/per hundred at their state shoot. Obviously, there is quite a bit of money over cost of shooting. That revenue stream is supposed to be reflected in the Form 990. The OSTA makes a lot more money than "daily fees". From an IRS point of view, this is one of the inconsistencies I mentioned.

If you look at Ohio State meeting minutes, they do not give the members a breakdown of the associations revenue stream. Why would an org withhold information from their members and why would the BOD of such an org critisize the ATA?

10. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Gary, doesn't the ATA withold information from the members? When did they criticize the ATA? What is wrong with constructive criticism anyway? JRM

11. Gary Waalkes

come on Duckdog - you started this thread - I am sure you can find a reasonable explanation for the OSTA BOD getting paid to attend the state shoot but then failing to disclose those payments on the Form 990.

I cannot believe there is no reason for not declaring the sponsorship money (you know, shells, guns, money, or car?). Without explanation, that stuff would be called non-business related income. Same goes for advertising in the state shoot program. Very strange that none of those items is declared in the Form 990.

I guess the state shoot target income thing is just an oversight.

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm shocked, shocked! Brad drinks adult beverages?

13. Gary Waalkes

You are pretty quiet for one of those Ohio know-it-alls DuckDog - Please explain what is going on with the OSTA BOD and why their form 990 does not seem to answer the mail. Or perhaps you can get your good friend Mr. Dysinger to explain why he gets paid for going to his state shoot but does not get a 1099 for the payment. I recall on these threads that Dysinger was really upset that ATA Presidents got a shotgun (but it was declared on a 1099)- how can one get on the ATA for payments that are declared on 1099s but manage to forget they get paid just to go to their own state shoot. Waiting on you DuckDog

14. Gary Waalkes

Come on DuckDog - please tell us how you and your good drinking buddy Dysinger (president of the OSTA) can solve the the problems of the ATA when it looks like the OSTA may have accounting issues of their own.

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I gotta call some friends over and serve some snacks so we can watch this meteor shower together...

16. Gary Waalkes

still waiting DuckDog (and drinking buddies). can't one of you man up??

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jerry, snacks at my house would be more along the lines of loaded potato skins, veggies and dip, and some spiked punch. We need sustenance here...I believe we are going to be waiting for a while before we get an answer. I'd starve on popcorn.

18. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Gary,
    Sorry for taking so long to respond to you. I have been hunting the past two days and only had access to a computer for a little while Saturday night. I would ask that you check out the income and expense statements on our OSTA website (ohiotrap.com) where you will find all the information that you have asked about. Once you have reviewed the finacial information contained there I would be happy to discuss any and all of your accusations.

DuckDog

19. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Back to the subject at hand. That's the status of a new ATA exec.?

20. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Gary, we are waiting?! Have you had time to review yet what Don asked you to review? Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.