1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any news from Jaquas?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I have to work all day and can't go to Jaquas. Any info on attendance, scores, winners, etc from the money shoot? The weather turned out ok and Sunday should be good also.
    Doug Allison

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

I heard from a friend that the turnout was not very good.

Don Verna

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I had a reliable source stop in the store and give me the same news.
    Doug Allison

4. vhntr1

vhntr1 Member

I was their about 10.30 they had 3 squads

5. vhntr1

vhntr1 Member

Calling for near 80deg tomorrow hopefully they will have a big turnout with nicer weather

6. rsikole

rsikole Member

I stopped by the store in the afternoon and looked at some scores. Based on what I recall......

100 target handicap event was won by Joe Nester with a 95. Second was Mitchel Loveless with a 94. There were 8 squads, but I don't think they were all full.

I believe 49 was high in the first event (50 target). Louie Morgan had a 49, but there may have been other 49's.

Should be nice and windy today to help drive scores down.

Rob

7. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Sunday news?
    Doug Allison

8. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

SUNDAY SHOOT CANCELED! Ten shooters showed up as per my buddy that went SAD!

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Sad? Here's the saddest news from Jaquas from my perspective...

They still have for sale this stunning classic 1st Series Colt Bullseye Match Target Pistol:

[​IMG]

It's on consignment and is slightly over-priced at $2750 but I would still pay that in a heartbeat because I've been looking for one like this for half my life. But unfortunately, I already bought my toy this year and I've been hounding my wife to pinch pennies toward our vacation. Plus, I feel a little vulnerable and irresponsible buying toys while my kids are still in school and my shameless government continues forward in an apparent hell-bent attempt to bankrupt the country. So I'm hoping one of you will buy it so that I can stop checking their website every day and lusting over it.

Now that's sad :(

-Gary

10. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Why the low turnout? Another shoot nearby, weather, big shoot last week, etc???????

11. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Mark425, great question. I wish I had an answer....

The folks at Jaquas did a lot of work for this shoot, and everything was ready to handle tons of shooters. OK, the programs could have gone out late (I guess they did to be honest) but his shoot had great word of mouth since last fall when it started to come together. What kept the people away?

Matt Nicol

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think because it was the first really nice day of the year, We are still doing yard clean up from the big ice storm. Many guys including me are out of practice from the winter lay off and not ready to shoot for money. Gas and shell prices don't help.

13. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

No programs were sent out? Sand baggers didn't show up. ATA shooters got a 2 yard bonus reduction ? Attendance way down?
    Clyde

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What kind of attendance do they normally have? How big is their facility? Just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.