1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Native Americans on TS??

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by timberfaller, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Are you offended by this???

Didn't the Massacre at Wounded Knee come about by the activity of "confiscation" of firearms??

If someone is holding a firearm and the government wants to disarm them, WATCH OUT, ##it will hit the fan, is the ole saying.

ALL Native Americans I know, SUPPORT the Second Amendment.

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

How did Custer make out with the Native Americans who HADN'T given up their guns?

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I watched that episode timber and I thought Juan was ridiculous. Bulge.

4. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

2nd Ammendment is for and honored by ALL Americans!

FACT- Native Americans have the highest per capita COMBAT Veteran enlistment of any Nationality in the United States.Visit any VFW Post on any Reservation in Montana or Wyoming- they honor all Veterans killed in combat!

5. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

When I first read this breaking story, it was one woman's opinion about the bill boards - that was the news story.

Sometimes I feel that the true Native American's opinions are left out of many of today's issues and I'm sure many have differing opinions.

I would like to hear more of the Native American's point of view on many issues. That's why I clicked on this thread.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Ah, APrice, the UK?? didn't we come from there and then kicked the tyrants out?

The interesting thing about the Pilgrims when they got familiar with Peaceful Indians, they found out a very interesting tidbit.

It had to do with their belief system, they all recognized ONE supreme being as being responsible for creation, and all had a "account" of a world wide deluge of water(aka,Flood).

So, hummmmmm, where did they really come from??, They were here long before WE the Europeans showed up.

And as for Juan, great sidekick for ole Bob when he is gone!!!

7. rpeerless

Scientific dating is not always accurate and is a guesstimate. I recently read an article about the possiblity of another species of man being discovered. How strange I thought but bogus articles make their way into the limelight as do bogus studies and all kinds of bogus reports.

The Natives IMHO were the people who where here when the visitors from Europe arrived. An unexplained caucasian visitor, well, maybe he was dropped by a legendary big bird on its way back to the nest or perhaps he was a mutant. Who knows?

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm part Cherokee (my mother was half-Cherokee, give or take).

So for what it's worth, I say the billboard not only is NOT offensive, it's right on!

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Brian, do you get a welfare check for being part Indian? (I was told all do)

10. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I am native american and I dont get a welfare check nor do I live on a reservation. Hell the native americans started welfare Who do you think feed the pilgrims so they wouldnt starve.

11. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Wkwkwkwkwkw..Fast gun. You are spot on!

Rick

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

All the different tribes of Native Americans that lived all over the country had one thing in common. The men hunted and fished while the women did all the work, what was there not to like about that arrangement? Then white man came and changed things for the better :-(. Sounds like our current administration.

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Likes-to-shoot, Nothing has changed as far as you are concerned.

You're retired and do nothing but shoot, and your wife still holds down a full time job. lol lol

Hauxfan!

14. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

"Nuthin sobers a man up like a bunch of Redskins hollerin for hair!" Or is it Redtails ? Jeff

15. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Fast gun

Thank You:)

16. Brian in Oregon

yakimaman, quote: <i>"Brian, do you get a welfare check for being part Indian? (I was told all do)"</i>

No. Nor do I enjoy any of the rights of Indians (I abhor the term Native Americans) like being able to net salmon, etc.

I have enough indian blood to qualify me for membership of one of the Cherokee tribes in Oklahoma. In fact, my kids do too, as will my grandchildren.

The fly in that ointment is that you only enjoy tribal rights IF your ancestors registered with the federal tribal agents when the reservations were formed. My ancestors refused, and for all time my family branch is locked out. The only way back in is if someone marries back in to a registered family, and then it goes forward with the offspring.

So, even if they wanted to receive government compensation they could not unless they (a) found a distant ancestor who was registered and (b) moved back to the reservation.

All of my indian relatives instead because cops, businessmen, boiler makers, welders, etc., and earned their living. Some fought in WWII and Korea.

So no, no welfare check, except for my maternal grandmother who became an invalid. But that had nothing to do with being an indian.

17. rpeerless

Brian,

Thanks for explaining the fly in the ointment.

18. Brian in Oregon

rpeerless, note that this is just my own situation. I should point out that other reservations have different rules. I recall a small reservation with a dwindling population deciding anyone could become a tribal member with only 1/32nd indian blood. This was not for federal acceptance, but for tribal acceptance.

19. Avatar

A few of my ancestors were already here when the pilgrims arrived; but, I'm 100% native american--this is the only country I've ever been born in...

20. buster45

buster45 Active Member

I am a Indian and proud of it. I don't find the sign offensive. The reason a lot of Indians did not register is they thought if they did, they would be killed.

That may of been because all earlier treaties were never honored. You don't get a check just because you are on the rolls. Some of the Tribes distribute the profits of the tribes enterprises with tribal members others don't.

Buster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.