1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any more word on the GLG?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Curious if they got the shoot offs in like has been discussed here through use of generators. Did they somehow get the last 200 targets thrown for the die hards that rode the storm out?

JK

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

The word we got on Monday morning was that they were bringing in generators to run traps for the shoot-offs for Sunday's events, but they would not be shooting the scheduled events on Monday.

3. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

I understand they have their hands full at the club grounds. Has there been any word from MTA on the refund of entry fees paid for Monday's events?

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

It's Tuesday, they got hit by a tornado Sunday Eve and your worried about a refund? They can't even turn on the computors to see who they owe yet. No power for probably 2 weeks. I say a little patience is in order? Bill :)

5. claybuster1187

claybuster1187 Member

Shootoffs were held on Monday morning. My dad and I went home and got our generator for the shootoffs. Someone else also brought one. I believe Justin Slater won the shootoff. I'm not sure how long the shootoff went, but I left at 150 straight.
    Jason

6. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Listen, Bill. Every organization has different people in charge of different aspects of operations. While the folks on the ground at the club are handling that situation, there will be others taking care of the financial operations. I asked a simple question...there's no need to jump me!!

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Pretty cold tanda.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I believe the computers with the database etc are onsite. last heard was the Mason area may be without power for several weeks. there were power supply towers downed by the storm... were not talking dragging a laptop to wendys here...

9. letts

letts TS Member

As a old TV show used to say (its so nice when a plan comes together) How do you plan for weather such as this? Bill is right there is plenty of time to worry about setting the pot right. I am sure in the end the right thing or things will be taken care of.

Keep your eye (eyes) on the target.

Letts

10. J D

J D TS Member

We have been working on the pay offs and refunds.
    Don Cain gave me a list of shooters that need to be refunded.
    I will get them out Wed or Thursday. The options will go out the same time.
    If anyone wants to send a donation you can send it to,

MTA
    1534 W. Service Rd
    Mason Mi. 48854

Thanks to all concerned and thank God it was not worse

JD
    Michigan Trap

11. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I for one donate my refund to the MTA. I plan to send my check back when it comes or if they want, they can just keep it. They must have taken a bath on this shoot due to the weather all week and then the clean up cost has been added.

Let's all help keep this great facility up and running.

Mark Zauhar

12. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Mark -

I agree and that was my plan all along too, just return the refund check for Monday's events.

Scott

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I would hope that a couple of people would have enough common sense to reread their post and then remove them as they are sending a well meaning thread down the drain. Let's all shoot and enjoy our sport while we're able to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.