1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Las Vegas Results? (FALL HANDICAP)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trim tab, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Any results from last weeks Fall Handicap Shoot in Las Vegas?

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I shot Saturday and Sunday and do not know all of the results but on Saturday's handicap it was won by Lee Kastle with a lone 99.

Sundays fifty bird race three of my squadmates ran a fifty straight, they were Leo Harrison III, Brent Epperson and Kurt Sachau, don't know if there were any more. Sunday's main handicap was won outright by Gerry Williams with a 100 straight.

Tom Strunk

3. bas

bas Member

Thanks, Tom and way to go Gerry!

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Sunday was the 2nd 100 straight in the caps for Gerry. Believe it was Tuesday or Wednedday he had 100 in caps as well as the singles.

Nice shooting for a nice guy

5. LV Trapshooting Park

LV Trapshooting Park TS Member

Sorry I haven't been able to put all of the winners on here yet, but I can give you some of the highlights...

Ira Howland was the Singles champ after 200, and another 100 in shoot-off. Ira also won the class singles with 100 and carryover. Dick Newell was the doubles champion with a lone 100. As mentioned, Gerry Williams broke his second 100 in handicap at the shoot to win the main handicap. Jimmy Heller was HOA winner.

Local shooter, Ricky Campbell, was the only shooter to break 15 straight in the shoot-off to win the TS2000 custom single barrel donated by Tony DeSimone. Needless to say he was excited about his win, as there were 14 shooters who broke 14 in the shoot-off. I believe a total of 42 shooters participated in the gun shoot-off.

The shoot was down some in attendance, but was expected due to the economic situation of the country at this time. We are also in the end of a long target year, instead of the beginning as before. Hopefully everyone had a good time, I know I certainly enjoyed hosting the event.

Will try to get complete results on here in a day or so.

Steve C

Las Vegas Gun Club

6. bas

bas Member

And congrats to Dick N also! Wow, and both Dick and Gerry are AZ residents....yup...the Williams have declared AZ their official residence...

7. t-bar

t-bar Member

Good job Gerry and Dick Newell.

bas, since Dick is your new neighbor maybe you can get some pointers for us.

bar

8. bas

bas Member

bar - ya think? I definitely need help!

9. Shakamaka

Shakamaka TS Member

Aloha Steve, The Hawaiians had a great week trying to catch the "Big Dogs".
    It was really neat to see Kristy, and Gerry both run the hundred on the first single event. Seen Gerry shoot his last five shots on Sundays Handicap, pretty cool, awesome, shooting.
    Shot on the same squad with Tom and Vicky Larkens, another Husband and Wife class act.
    Steve, I had a great time, renewed old friendships, made new ones, and after three events, I finally won a dollar off of Tony D. A Hui Hou,(until the next time) Tommy Kushima

10. Vickie

Vickie Member

Aloha Tommy, just wanted to let our friends from Hawaii know, that we made it home just fine with the chocolate and pineapples! Thank you Howard! Leah's girls just loved the pineapple. And I want to congratulate you guys for the great shooting. Tommy K. won a couple events, Michael won his class in doubles with a 98! Sterling had his very best doubles score ever, and won his class on Sat. Selene had her first 50 straight in handicap! Good job girl! Donald tied for his class in doubles. I think you guys had a great time and look forward to seeing you at the GWG in May. We had a good time, thought the weather was nice and look forward to shooting the Fall shoot next year.

Vickie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.