1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Ithaca fans out there

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MXSHOOTER, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

I just received from my dad the 1st shotgun I ever fired, it is a Ithaca 16Ga SxS, It originaly belonged to my great granddad. I would like to find out when it was built, I'm guessing around the turn of the centurey. I can't find a model number, but serial number is #263xxx. Are there any Ithaca colectors that can help me out?

Thanks

Dennis

2. gordy h

gordy h Member

The book The Ithaca Gun Company By Walter Snyder has lots of info. and pic, well worth the money. Looks to me like you may have the Flues model,made in 1915. but need more info it also could be a Nitro Spec.Hope that helps. Butch H

3. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

Butch H, how do I tell what model it is, The only # I can find is the serial# on each side it has an engraving of a pointer and Ithaca Gun Co. Ithaca NY and on top of the barrels it say's Smokeless Powder Steel.
    Thanks
    Dennis

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Looks like a Flues Model made in 1915!!

5. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's a field grade, which was the lowest grade. Nice guns, but should be used with low pressure loads. The gun left the factory with 2 9/16" chambers. It is a Flues model and these were followed by the NID model, which began with serial number 425,000. NID models were much stronger and are suitable for current loads. Hope this helps.

6. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

Thanks for all the info guy's. It will probly never be fired again as I plan to hang it on the wall with a picture of my great grandad. I just wanted to know a little history on it. I will try to find a copy of the book mentioned by Butch.

Thanks

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.