1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any intrest in 870 Compititions I have 2

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by 4EVRYOUNG, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

Thinking 800 each or trade would like another good TM-1

2. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Unless you get lucky they just don't seem to bring much money. $550 seems to be an average price for one. Tom R

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I agree with Tom - $600 is about all the money unless you find a mint one with super-nice wood. And as I learned with one I bought recently, photographs often enhance wood figure, so be careful.

If the barrel has been altered, $450 is about the max and then the rest of the gun has to be nice.

Ed

4. xtj

xtj Guest

0   1   0

could you send some pictures

jkg

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

0   0   0

Guy at the club just bought one brand new in the box from a local pawn shop for $500. I sold my minty one in the box 3 years ago for $550. They are great guns with superb wood and a phenomenal choke but $800 is a pipe dream and a huge one at that.

JK

6. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Here's my small fleet of 870 Comps. I'm considering selling one of the guns and the extra barrel - I have enough spare parts for them to keep one gun running for the rest of my days.

Ed

[​IMG]

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

0   0   0

Beautiful lumber on both Ed.

Jeff

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Nice grain, even on the table.

9. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I've got a nice Anton Stock for the 870 Comp, would like to trade it for a nice comp factory stock, anybody interested?

10. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks. The upper one actually has nicer wood than the lower one but it is so dark that a lot of it can't be seen unless in lighter conditions. Cameras see things we don't as that photo was taken last week on an overcast day at about 6:00 p.m.

When I bought that one, the finish was Remington's "satin" finish that I not-so-fondly refer to as a "mud finish" as it hides a lot of the figure. This one's finish really did but an LED flashlight told me treasures lurked below it, so I had it refinished about three months ago. The checkering was recut at the same time because it had a few flattened points. The gun has not been fired since it came back, so the wood is truly like new.

That post generated three PMs from people intersted in buying the gun, the barrel or both. The 870 Comp cult continues to grow!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.