1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any interest in delrin add-on ribs?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm just about ready to bring my delrin add-on ribs to market. To start out, they will only be available in parallel thicknesses, and only available to 1/4" max thickness (so pretty much 1/8", 3/16", or 1/4", although there are some other sizes available if there is a specific need). The one thing I am able to do is exactly match the width of the existing rib, including tapered ribs (those that are wider in the back than the front). They will be held on with double backed tape, the very same tape Dennis Devault @ NCP uses on his ribs. These will be "no-frills" ribs, with a price-point around $100. I made some last year for a friend of mine, and they are still holding up quite well. I am in the process of having some run for myself and some friends of mine, will get some pics when I get them all installed, which should be in a week or so.

If you are interested, please drop me an email and i'll put you on the mailing list to send annoucements out when I get things on line.

Ian Smingler

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Assuming a rib has height, width, and length. You said you can taper the width to conform to ribs wider at receiver than the muzzle.

What the heck is parallel thickness?

3. skeet_man

Overbored- You are correct, same height/thickness at both the front and back.

Dick- I can cut ribs to match those that are wider @ the chamber than the muzzle (i've done a dozen or so for my and my friends kolar, a krieghoff 10x6mm, and a beretta). I draw all the ribs on a 2d CAD program, then have them laser cut.

Ian

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

e-mail sent

5. Dickgshot

O.K. I think if you just said "height" instead of thickness, it would make more sense.

6. skeet_man

Your right, I just think of the sheet stock in terms of thickness, but height would make more sense.

For those who may be interested in taller ribs, here's the back story. The company thats laser cutting the ribs for me hasn't cut delrin any thicker than 1/4" yet, so in order for me to get them to cut anything thicker, I need to send them sample stock at my cost for them to run tests on. I think i'll wait and see how much interest there actually is before i go chasing a white whale.

Ian

7. Dickgshot

Ian,
    I think it is far more important to be able to produce heights up to 5/8" or even higher, and being able to deviate from parallel, than it is to adjust the width between front and back. That would be nice, but unless you can do the first thing I wouldn't go forward. Very few people are looking for a parallel 1/4" or less rib.

8. skeet_man

mike- email back at ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.