1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any interest in Browning Dbl auto's?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by coot shooter, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Any interest in Browning Dbl auto

I would like to test the waters before posting pics, etc.
    A friend has numerous Browning double auto's in various colors that he wishes to sell.

If anyone is interested respond, and photos & prices will be posted.

Mike

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bring them on. As the owner of seven Double Auto's I am always looking for another one. DBL Auto also posts here and likes the colors. Does your friend have any extra barrels he wants to sell?

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I was wondering when you boys where going to jump on this.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Almost traded an A-5 for one in the late 70's. It still makes me mad I backed out of that trade. Browning advertised the Double Auto as "Tomorrows gun today."

Wayne

[​IMG]

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

They certainly have a cult following-something like Winchester SX-1's!!

6. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

0   0   0

If your friend has one with a rib & blued reciever,keep me in mind!!!. Ray

7. Hilltop

Hilltop Member

0   0   0

Always interested Post them...

Allen

8. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

I like them and you can't have too many. The green and browns have been bringing big money on gunbroker. Jaquas sold a green one this summer for $1,795.00 and it had some detail issues. The vent rib barrels and open chokes also get the value up. Also, the first year DA with the exposed rivots on the forend command a premium. These handle like a dream in the uplands. Shotgunworld.com has a large following on the Double Auto. A trap DA in the box just sold in Burton, Ohio this month for just under $1,500 at www.gunrunnerauctions.com.
    Doug Allison

[​IMG]

9. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

Hilltop, you recognize that grey one, third in from the right?
    Doug Allison

10. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Dbl Auto, very nice collection. My father had one, which he had bought in 1964, Twentweight model with IC choked 26" barrel. He used it to hunt everything from quail to mallards.

David McMillen

11. Hilltop

Hilltop Member

0   0   0

Doug, Yes I do. They sure are pretty nice...Allen Brackett

12. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

David, the fourth one in from the left is my upland gun. It, like your Dad's DA, is a 26" IC but mine is a Twelvette. Does your Dad still have it? My Dad still has his Father's DA trap bought new in Dec of 1960 and that gun is on its fourth generation of use.
    Doug Allison

13. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I love them and still have a new unfired in the box twenty weight, vent rib, skeet choked. One of the few unfired guns I have kept. I also have a rare cylinder vent ribbed DA. It shoot great. If any of the ones pictured above are for sale I would be interested.

14. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

esetter, the cylinder and the improved mod choked DA barrels are the only two that I don't have. None of mine are for sale unless a different one that I have to have develops. A shooter green DA is on my must have list, but it must be at the right price. I should have bought one from Mr Fairchild at the Cardinal Center at couple summers ago. He got his price, but not from me.
    Doug Allison

15. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

At the April 2&3 Tulsa gun show one of the exhibitors had a collection of about 30 Dbl autos on display. If you go to Wanenmachers Tulsa arms show web site and click on pictures look at picture 31.html.

Last weekend at a local gun show one of my friends had one for sale. I think it was a gray one. I don't know if it sold but can find out if interested.

16. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

whiz-bang, thanks for the pic tip. That is an awesome set up. This collector shows 2 green DA's, impressive. I only see one possible Autumn Brown (second down on right), which shows why they bring top dollar.

I saw an impressive display at an Ohio Gun collectors Assc. show of Double Autos. I became friends with this gentleman and he has shared a lot of his knowledge with me. He has nice stuff from many years of collecting.

Another thing that needs to be addressed with Double Auto collecting is that Art's gunshop in MO is now doing anodizing of the Double Autos in any color you wish to think up. The one of a kind blue, gold, red, etc. Double Autos should be researched before a buyer gives up big money. Glen Jenson, the Browning historian should be able to help.
    Doug Allison

17. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This is all good stuff and thanks for sharing it. Didn't know there were this many guys that liked them. Until you handle one of these guns you really don't know how nice they are. The twenty weight guns are super grouse guns if you can find one with open chokes.

18. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I will take pics this weekend and post ..... He has 7 good guns and 1 parts gun.

I beleive he has 1 VR green, 1 VR silver, 1 Plain Bbl. Silver, 1 - VR Choc. Brown, 1 VR Autumn Brown, 1 VR blued, 1 Plain Bbl. blued.

He also has a blued parts gun w/ a Plain Poly choke Bbl.

Mike

19. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

Mike, are these being sold as a set or as individual guns?
    Depending on condition, this could get interesting!
    Doug Allison

20. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Dbl Auto what the picture dose not show are the two tables on both sides of his display showing about 15 more dbl autos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning double auto

browning double automatic barrel
browning twenty weight autumn brown