1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Any interest in a pre-'64 Model 70?

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by AveragEd, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I was at my gunsmith's yesterday picking up a rifle I had shipped to him and he showed me a rifle he had taken in trade on a custom rifle he built for a client. It is a pre-'64 (built in 1955, if I recall correctly) Model 70 in .375 H&H and although I'm not a Winchester enthusiast and don't know what separates nice older Model 70s from the rest, it looked good to me. It has the original front sight and folding leaf rear sight along with a Leupold scope - I didn't look at it closely but I believe it is a 2x-8x.

Not being a Winchester collector, it didn't occur to me to ask him what price he was going to place on the rifle but anyone who might be interested can call Bill Hollis at M&B Custom Firearms - 717-379-2044. I think Spanky bought a Model 12 from Bill a year or so ago and can vouch for him. If you visit his website at the link above, be sure to read the "about us" page. Bill's an ex-marine and talks like one.

Ed
  2. jaeger18

jaeger18 Member

0   0   0

I talked to Bill this morning. The rifle is actually in 300 H&H. He is in central Pa and is looking for $1500 for the gun. The gun is in all original near 98% condition and researched to 1957 manf.
  3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thank you for the corrections. At my age, memory is the second thing to go and I forget what the first one was.

Ed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.