1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any interest in a group buy on lead shot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ALR, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALR

ALR TS Member

Hello Trapshooters members,

This is Chad from Accurate Lead Recovery (ALR) and I was wondering if there is any interest in some of you organizing a group buy for our lead shot. We are running a short term promotion where if you were to purchase a barrel of lead (3000 lbs.), consisting of 120 pre-packaged bags at 25 lbs. each, the cost breaks down to $14 per bag. If you can get enough people together to split up the 120 bags, it is a pretty good deal! Our shot is premium grade reclaimed mixed shot, which is cleaned, polished and re-graphited, and proven in competition to be as accurate as new drop shot. Our company specializes in recovering lead from shot fall zones on trap and skeet clubs. ALR is trying to do our part at helping the environment, and giving the gun club industry a more environmentally friendly image. We fully stand behind our lead, never in front of it! If any persons or clubs are interested and would like more information or shipping quotes just give Nicki a call at our office at (253) 474-3809 on Monday, or email her at nicki@accurateleadrecovery.com As far as shipping, the lead will be coming out of Abilene, TX, and we're seeing freight charges anywhere from $0.07 to $0.11 a pound depending on how far it's going and how many barrels you order with a typical minimum of $200.

thanks for your time,
    Chad at ALR

2. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Why cant one person just buy 120 bags?

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

4. ALR

ALR TS Member

One individual can definitely buy a barrel. You can buy 10 if that is what you need! I didn't mean to make it sound otherwise, I just figured for most people it is easier to split the cost.

5. MilCon

MilCon Member

Is the shot graded or is it ungraded?

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok I know shot is high priced now but I think I will hang on to my ton I have now that I bought years ago for 10.75 a bag for the Hornady Magumn shot I guess im still living in the past.

I know I should had sold it when it was 30.00 plus a bag but I didn't.

Foggy

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I advise holding off for a while longer on large shot purchases if you at all can. I'm now employed in the metals industry and wholesale prices of everything have been dropping steadily, lead included. For example, I'm currently selling wheel weights for $.25/lb and lead pipe and ingots for $.30/lb. I think a bottoming-out point is approaching but for now, I'd only buy what I need.

About the only metal we've seen a jump in was steel and that was just last week. It went up 150% at our reclaiming plant on Thursday and was as low as $.02/lb at one time last month.

Fortunately, I bought a half-ton of shot at $14.75 a bag and another half-ton at $17.50 a bag back when it started to go crazy and with not shooting much due to my eye problem, I still have most of it left.

Ed

9. ALR

ALR TS Member

Sorry for taking so long to respond, haven't been near a computer till now. To answer the question of wether our shot is graded (I assume they meant for size), our shot is mixed, and not singled out by size. For those who would like a sample we can defintely send you a small bag to inspect. I'm sure you will be very pleased with our shot since it goes through an exstensive cleaning and polishing process before being re-graphited. We just finished at Spokane Skeet and Trap Club in WA and they were quite happy with the finished product. Anybody needing a sample just email your request to Nicki@accurateleadrecovery.com or call the office at 253-474-3809 on Monday and we'll have those mailed out right away. Someone mentioned they couldn't find our web site. Without boring you with the details, if you google Accurate Lead Recovery you will find our old site at recoverlead.com I just got the new site up this last week and Google hasn't added it to their site index yet, but should very soon. You can just copy this link to see our new site if you would like more info on our company or all our contact info. www.accurateleadrecovery.com Everyone who has already asked for a shipping quote, we will try and get those back to you by Monday afternoon!

Thanks again,
    Chad Haddow
    ALR

10. ALR

ALR TS Member

Thank you for the help skeet2day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.