1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i have always had this problem, my hands are small and i have trouble reaching the trigger on my gun. there are some gun companies who make a pistol grip closer to the trigger than other companies. is there an after market product that i could put on my pistol grip so i can reach the trigger easier? if not, any ideas on how i can correct this problem. i honestly feel that this problem has contributed to my flinching problem too.
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Do finger lengthing exercises.

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Get a stock custom fitted to your needs.

Call Dennis DeVault...

330-456-6070

milt

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Steve There is a product on the market that sticks on either side of your pistol grip to form a palm swell. There is no reason in the world that you could not use it on the front to change your pistol grip to trigger distance or angle. In fact if you don't mind the uglies you can build the front of the pistol grip up with plastic wood and fit it to your hand.

--- Chip King ---

5. senior smoke

chip- now thats an idea i might consider.
    thanks,
    steve

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Beretta has an adjustable trigger blade that, if not already equipped can be installed on the 680 series gun (many are already equipped with the adjustable unit). Joel Etchen sells them for $95. My Kolar is also adjustable, as I think are most higher priced guns. Bill Malcolm

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Or...a good gunsmith ought to be able to make a custom trigger if that degree of adjustment would work for you. A little silver soldering and some metal and some cutting...and, only problem might be making sure the final heat treatment is correct, but kids do that stuff in metal shop everyday..or at least we did; stuff we made then would be illegal to have on campus now. Showing age again.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Instead of Plastic Wood try Bondo. Sets up in less than an hour and can be shaped with a semi-coarse wood file. Another less drastic solution would be to get a roll of "Wilson Soft Shock" tennis racquet wrap at Walmart for about $4. Cut strips to length and over lap them to build up the front of the pistol grip. I use it to form a palm swell on my gun. Sticks like crazy.

Eric

9. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

What kind of gun???? GOOD LUCK

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

try wenig, I believe they have a semi inletted stock for DIYers. problem with adding material is now your hand will ride up the stock twards the reciever, will have to wrap your small hands around a larger diameter. I have the same problems. Check out wenig........or maybe a good stockman to see if your stock can be shorten. Like on rem 870 1100 1187 I have cut back at the reciever end about 1/4 inch which does help

11. senior smoke

shady creek- remington 870 tb
    thanks,
    steve

mixer- i never used bondo, that might be an answer to this problem too.
    thanks,
    steve

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Are there not youth stocks for the 870, tons of other stocks around at gun shows and the like to customize as you wish with Bondo or whatever?? Or just heat and bend the trigger...if possible, ask your gunsmith. It's not like you are working witha $2000.00 trigger assembly and $3000.00 wood. That's the beauty of an 870: Safe to Hot Rod.

13. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Steve,

You did not mention the gun you shoot. My Browning XT has an adjustable trigger, in fact it came with 3 trigger styles to choose from. The trigger itself is mounted on a slide so you can lengthen or shorten it and in fact move it quite a ways aft into the trigger guard.

Mike

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

Steve- I would take some wood from the front of the pistol grip where it meets the receiver. Cutting off a 1/16 to 3/32 would make a lot of difference. It is not real difficult to re-inlet this surface and that would bring your hand closer to the trigger.

Generally material is added to the sides and front of the pistol grip for shooters who have very large hands.

Pat Ireland

15. senior smoke

mike calkins- thank you for the info. i dod not have a copy of shotgun sports, but i emailed southwest shooters supply to get some info on the product.
    thanks,
    steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.