1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANY IDEA ON HOW TO MAKE MY STOCK LOOK BETTER?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    a couple weeks ago i purchased a rem 870 TA trap gun for $170.00. the gun came with a straight trap stock, and the wood is nothing special. around 3 months ago i also purchased a another straight trap stock and a new forearm from another guy, this wood is better than what came with the gun. i also purchased a few months back a rem 870 monte carlo stock and forearm, this stock is hardwood. i have seen better wood on toilet seats. guess what? of all these stocks guess which stock fits me the best?? the monte carlo hardwood stock! my question is "i have seen stocks painted all different colors, and some of these stocks look like glass, really shiny. how do i do this? any other ideas on how to make this hardwood stock and forearm look presentable? anyway to put grain in a hardwood stock? i don't have the money to purchase a monte carlo stock with real nice wood. any suggestions would be appreciated.
    steve balistreri

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Steve....I'd like to help, but what do you mean "put grain in a hardwood stock"? In my humble opinion, if you paint it, it will likely look like crap! The hardwood should already have some grain.......just sand it,steel wool it, and oil it good! Just take advantage of what grain there is. That's really about all you can do with it I think!

3. Guy

Guy Member

http://www.centershotsports.com/sportcoat_gun_finish.htm

Click or paste this.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

senior smoke- All you have to do is shoot a few 98's and 99's in handicap and your stock will look beautiful.

Pat Ireland

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I would have them painted look at the sight posted by WGH. My friend had a Beretta 391 with the worst wood looked like off a pine box had it painted like fancy wood and people ask him to see the gun often came out great. I really like it also and I,m a confessed wood lover.

6. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

Here is what can be done with your stock to make it look "better".
    OtH

http://www.shootersemporium.net/stockdecoration.php

7. dexterkid

dexterkid TS Member

senior smoke, WGH gave you good information. I had my 1100 plastic stock (Jack West) painted by them. Great job, however it took several month. It was worth the wait.

Jack

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Man, I never should have gone to the centershotsports website.....
    That carbon fiber finish is calling my name.

9. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

A few years ago I took a lesson from skeet great Todd Bender. I noticed his stock and forearm looked like the wood on an AK 47. His comment was "This k-80 is nothing but a tool". I heard that he finally got a nice stock on it.

1+ to what Mr. Ireland said.

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Steve.....Go to the above website and you can find what you are looking for..Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.