1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Homosexual in harm's way has my gratitude

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Do I think homosexuality is wrong?
    ___Yes.

Does any Homosexual serving in harm's way have my gratitude?
    ___Yes

Do I think Homosexuals should keep quiet about it in the Military?
    ___Yes

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Check my post on A Marine Drill Sergeant---and you will get a 1st hand experience---Who wants to spend time nxt to them when there is a war to fight?
    Send them back to the work force where they can do the most good----They are always on the prowl---Thats my opinion---I'v been there---They are the pits---
    MYSTIC------

3. Bushmaster1313

Mystic:

Aren't the straight guys in the military always on the prowl for the girls, and visa versa?

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

That might be, but they are on the prowl when they are on liberty---Not in the barracks or on ship or in the fox hole---They(the gays) are always on the prowl---If you don't have 1st hand experience You don't have the right to respond in my opinion------MYSTIC--------

5. Bushmaster1313

Mystic:

When I read that the combat troops and the Marine brass were against repeal of the current policy it became clear that the puke politicians were acting irresponsibly.

The people sticking their necks out are the only ones who should call the shots.

P.S. Thank you for your service.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Well I was one that stuck my neck out and we didn't have time to worry about gays---I don't think you will find many that don't agree with me---With Respect--
    MYSTIC---------

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Courage comes in all sexual orientations

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Yes but courage has its place and not in the military--If you don't have 1st hand knowledge than its hard for those to judge--JMO---MYSTIC---

9. Bushmaster1313

You have to let the people in harm's way make these types of decisions:

Washington – The new commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. James Amos, on Tuesday defended his decision to recommend against repealing "don't ask, don't tell" in Dec. 3 congressional testimony – a position at odds with Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen.

In a roundtable discussion with reporters, Amos said that a Pentagon report on the impact of repealing "don't ask, don't tell" “sent a very strong messageâ€

“I take that very, very seriously,” Amos said, adding he worried that openly gay troops in Marine Corps combat units would pull focus away from fighting.

'Don't ask, don't tell': Can military handle a repeal of gay ban?

“I don’t want to lose any marines to the distraction,” he said. “I don’t want any marines that I’m visiting at Bethesda [National Naval Medical Center military hospital in Maryland] with no legs be the result of any type of distraction.”

Surveys in the Pentagon report showed that the majority of troops believed a change in the law would have a positive or no impact on US military effectiveness. Mullen and Secretary Gates cited these findings in recommending a repeal.

'No margin for distraction'But Amos took something else from the report: While troops who were not in combat were less concerned about serving with gay comrades, for those who are at war, “there is no margin for distraction,” Amos said.

“This was not a flippant, rush-right-in preparation,” he added. “This was a very, very deep, thoughtful – I read the report, the survey over and over again.”

As to how, precisely, openly homosexual service members would affect unit cohesion, particularly given that gay service members are now serving in the marines, Amos said he was not able to offer any examples.

“I don’t have an answer to that,” he said. “I can’t answer what kind of behavior” that might be. “I just know in that environment there is no margin for error.”

Even before his congressional testimony, Amos had made clear his reservations about a repeal of "don't ask, don't tell," questioning the wisdom of an appeal shortly after he became head of the Marine Corps in October. This earned him a rebuke from Mullen for speaking about the law before the Pentagon had issued its final report.

Why the Marines are differentOn Tuesday, he offered some thoughts on why the Marines seem more averse than the Army, Air Force, or Navy to having openly gay troops in their ranks. He said it involved recruitment and the reputation of the Marines as a tough fighting force.

While he disputed the notion that it’s “a macho thing," he added: “We recruit on a warrior ethos…. We live hard, we train hard. We do tough things,” he said. “We recruit men and women for that kind of ethos."

“It’s never, ‘We’re going to give you a college education,’ ” he added. “We never say that.”

Recruits who sign up for the Marines come in with “expectations,” Amos argued. “I can’t explain what the expectations are. I can’t explain what they think might happen.”

For his part, Gates has argued that he would prefer an orderly repeal passed by Congress to an abrupt reversal by the courts – a scenario Gates called a "nightmare" that could cause mass confusion in the military. Amos said Tuesday: “I don’t know how dangerous a court ruling would be."

But should the law be overturned, either by court ruling or by Congress, Amos said he respected civilian control of the government and would obey the decision.

He recounted an answer he gave some young Marine lieutenants earlier in the day when they asked him what would happen if the ban was lifted. “Don’t make it too hard,” he told them. The answer, he added, is “actually easy. I’m going to get in step and do it smartly.”

In such a case, it’s not a matter of “let’s reconsider it,” Amos said. “It’s a matter of ‘Yes, sir.’ ”

'Don't ask, don't tell': Can military handle a repeal of gay ban?

10. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Mystic, if you have served as you state that you have then you should realize that gays in the military don't troll the showers looking for dates. They have as much right to serve as you did as long as adhere to the rules of military conduct. The whole debate is absurd. You also wrote courage has its place, but not in the military. If not there then where? As someone who honorably served in the Marines I can say that if gays want to serve then let them. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Chuck---I served well and I can tell you 1st hand that they did troll in the showers----Don't tell me about their rights unless you have had the same experience as I have had---I feel sorry for them---When I was in they were made fun of,laughed at,and made very uncomfortable---Right or wrong,thats the way it was---War is a bitch and no time for them in my opinion---You have yours and I have mine---Don't preach to me about them---You are willing to fight with them thats your right but don't tell me mine---With respect---
    MYSTIC---

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If my experience around gays is an indicator, once they figure out you are not of like mind, they seem to act like normal folks.

Not my cup of tea, but if a gay person is willing to put their signature on the dotted line like I did many moons ago, and risk life and limb defending their country, who is a schmuck like Shooting Coach to say they can't?

13. yansica1

yansica1 Member

Hi Mystic,
    I find your bullish stance on the matter rather off -putting, it seems you think we should all capitulate to your opinion since it is only you that has been there! I don`t for one moment believe that gays are always on the prowl as you say but I would have thought with your skills gained in the military and perhaps even on the battle field, that you ought to be able to dodge a prowler easily enough. That same person may one day be there to save your life.

If I`m in trouble, give me a bi, hetro or homosexual, I don`t care.

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A new unit?
    [​IMG]

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They want to be treated as if they are no different than anyone else yet they have parades and flaunt their "Gayness" by acting and dressing like a bunch of Sissy clowns ... If they want in the Military put them up front where they can't do a sneak attack of the other guys around them who ain't into the same sex thing ... There is a place for everyone in this world and the front lines in a war zone is a good place to start ... Not my thing, God's either ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. porky

porky TS Member

In every nation that has existed, this morality standard disintragration is the final phase of that nation. After that phase is a sort of slavery forever. A third class nation, where politicians are the only ones with power, a ruling class not unlike Europe in the dark ages. If you don't believe me then you haven't ever paid any attention in your history classes. History is repeating itself here because our fathers and we have let it. Homosexuality is probably the greatest contributor of a failing nation because of many reasons, but the moral standards that the female populace once held, deteriorated and the families disintragrated. Without strong family roots, the nation fails.

17. yansica1

yansica1 Member

I have a few openly gay clients plus one or two who changed sex late in life and generally they are all at least as nice as you and me. I don`t believe you chose whether you prefer men but that you are born that way so the God angle is a dubious one, besides there are abhorent things done by men and women :) behind closed doors so what.
    Despite a healthy interest in history I cannot recall the demise of a nation due to homosexuality!! Yes the Mardi gras thing is a little nauseating but surely you know they`re not all upfront like that, in any case I think those things exist because historically gays have always been persecuted and so it`s their way of letting off steam.

18. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Mystic.......Don't feel like you are alone...I'll stand next to you with the same thoughts.

Bill

19. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Isn't it strange that people defending male homosexuals say they are not attracted to hetro men and yet hetro men find two women together exciting?

Could it just be a lie that homosexual men don't look at hetro men "that" way?

We have gays in the military they just couldn't wear it as a badge of honor, allowing them a special category is just the start.

I don't care if gays serve or not, just don't make a issue out of it or try and force me to accept that life style as normal.

20. shelly

shelly TS Member

Who cares about the effectiveness of the military, let's just give queer people everything they want so they will stop whining.

Since the military is predominately male, expect a surge of "male" queer enlistments. Things should get interesting.

Of all the world's militaries which allow queer troops, how many of them could fight their way out of a wet paper sack????? The US military will follow suit soon enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between noraml child nd transaxual child