1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any hardshell case alternative to Americase for...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluedsteel, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

a Krieghoff K80 Trap Special Combo (32/34)?

I am getting tired of lugging around the Americase, but I have found no other hardshell case that will fit the Trap Special (high rib). The Negrini cases are beautiful (and light), but it appears the forend needs to remain attached to the barrels when placed in these cases. The forend is not very stable when attached to only the barrels on the K80...hence the Americase has a separate forend compartment.

Any suggestions as to a nice fitted (light) case would be appreciated. I am not crazy about the cases that are unfitted (i.e., require the interior foam to be cut).

I know, I am probably stuck with the heavy Americase...

bluedsteel

2. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I ordered up the materials to build my own, its winter time so I thought why not give it a try. I just hope I dont end up with a ton more money then I could just buy one. I am building mine out of .063 aluminum diamond plate. It will probably be heavy, but durable.

3. N2deep

N2deep Member

The pelican cases look interesting has anyone tried them?

4. JLYON

JLYON Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

nerrini thy make the perazze cases i am a stocking dealer have all sizes and combos

5. tbobaa

tbobaa Member

Go to the for sale threads and look under gunsmithing and colarado cases doug has some pictures of colarado cases

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Americase makes a new lighter weight version of their cases now ... The cost would be about what they get for the Negrini cases ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I bagged my Americase and use a John Hall case for my 32", 34" Kolar. Works great.

8. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I could not locate an "Ultra-Lite" case on Americase's web site that fits the K80 Trap Special Combo.

bluedsteel

9. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Look at Starlight ---- they are super cases. Been using them for years for shotguns and scoped rifles -- air travel all around the country.
    The cases have layered foam interior that you cut out to custom fit your gun.
    www.starlightcases.com

10. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I purchased a nice case from Doub Hubbard. It is tough, heavy and will hold any consideration of barrel and rib combinations. I carry an MX-10 combo & a 391 with a 3/4" high rib and have space for a 4th barrel.

11. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

Guys Please check out my website Boydsafecase.com we have everything you are looking for. our cases fit all rib and stock sizes and they have a separate compartment for your fore end and choke tubes along with space for your oil, wrenches, etc plus they are built right here in Wisconsin and are lighter than the americase
    thanks
    Bill boyd

12. skeezix

skeezix Member

Check out the BF cases at www.bfcases.com

Kerry builds a nice case!

John

13. claykiller

claykiller Member

I switched to a Boyd Safe Case some time ago and will never look back. Superior in many ways to most all other cases, personal attention from the owner of the company, and guaranteed forever.

14. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Bill shares a booth with Dennis Devault at the Cardinal Center, showing his complete line of very nice cases. Meanwhile you get to see Cindy's exceptional artistry, not to mention the handsome and charming Mr. Devault.

Best...mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.