1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Gun Clubs Near Frederick MD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

There are many. To the south is Tuscarora, near Point of Rocks, MD. Just North on US 15 is Thurmont, with practice on Tuesday evenings. Also, Mt. Airy to the East on I-70, and Carroll County, just a little further on. In PA just north of the PA line is Littlestown (Monday evenings) and North Carroll, near Westminster, MD on Wednesday evenings. All are open to the public and a round will cost you $4 or less.

Littlestown is the smallest, with a single trap and hand release, but a very nice place to shoot, and excellent target presentation and great background. Most times the kitchen is open.

Thurmont is a famous large club that had declined and is in a rebuilding stage with two new traphouses and Pat-traps presenting excellent targets and relaxed atmosphere.

North Carroll, Mt Airy, Tuscarora, and Carroll County are large, full facility clubs with multiple banks of traps. All of these places are within 1/2 hour's drive of Frederick.

Welcome to the area and enjoy our many opportunities to shoot, almost every night. We're friendly folks, up here, please join us ......mike

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Welcome to Maryland! You will find that the shooters in this state are friendly, supportive, and competitive. You will have a great time here.

Check the website above often. Here you will find information on local clubs and most of the shoots.

Be seeing ya!

3. winchesterkid

winchesterkid Member

There are a few clubs in that area. Tuscarora, Mt. Airy, Thurmont, Carroll Co., but I would drive a little further to Winchester, Va. They shoot on Tuesday evenings during the week.

4. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

If you live in frederick and you like trap and skeet I would advise tuscarora. After looking at a few different gun clubs to join I went with tuscarora because the people were very nice and welcoming unlike some other clubs. And also it would most likely be the closest other than maybe thurmont, but its about the same either way. All the clubs mike mentioned are good clubs, but I prefer tuscarora.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Welcome to the area. We're really lucky to have so many clubs within easy reach.

My home club, Carroll County GC, is hoasting an ATA shoot this Sat and Sun. 300 targets each day. We're located on RT 26 (Liberty Rd.) just east of MD97.

Here's the link to our webpage: http://www.carrollgun.com/

Fall leagues start late Aug. Come join us!

Guy Babin
    Westminster

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Here is the link for the Heart of Maryland leagues that start after the Grand late Aug:

http://www.heartofmaryland.net/index.html

Guy B.

7. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Steve, I just learned from Jim Palmasano that they are devoting one trap to Doubles on Tuesday Nights, at Thurmont. Thurmont is just North of Frederick on US 15. Look up directions on-line, it's a nice place to shoot.
    see U there.....mike

8. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Look forward to meeting you too steve. Like guy said. There is a shoot at carroll county this weekend. Saturday is 200 singles 100 handicap and Sunday is 100 of each. They always run a great shoot. Hope to see you there. Ill be the fairly tall and round young guy in the federal shirt with the white sts hat on. Sincerely, Osker Reynolds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.