1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any good restaurants, things to do Wenigs?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mt, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt

mt Member

Going back to Wenigs to have work done on my stock and the wife is getting a stock made as well.

Wondering if anyone can recommend some good restaurants and things to do with the extra time we'll have (we scheduled a bit of extra time just in case and to have less pressure with catching planes etc.).

thanks

2. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

If you've been there, you know Lincoln. A slow village stuck in the middle of nowhere in terms of things to do, see. My best lunch was at a ranch-looking restaurant with wagon wheels everywhere. Nothing to write home about, mind you, but solid food. I enjoyed hanging around the shop and the old bank building but your wife may get bored. Maybe they've put in a new eatery since I was there.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

From my experience a couple of years ago you will not have any money to go eat after they get done with you.There really is nothing in the small town except Wenig's shop.My best advice is to be there every step of the way as my stock took almost all day and when i got it it was not right so i sent it back and when it returned it was still wrong so i took it to the Grand and they worked on it some more.It seemed they tried to hurry me thru the process and it showed in the final product.Good luck.

4. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

Wenig built stocks for my wife and I in February. Although there isn't much in Lincoln, Warsaw (15 miles south) has a good barbque joint called the smoke house. It also has a good breakfast place on Main St. called the Warsaw Diner.

5. mt

mt Member

Bad 303,

What went wrong? how did you end up working things out? I'll definately not rush but....any other advice?

6. Jwints525

Jwints525 TS Member

When I was there it took from about 7:30 AM until about 3:30 PM to get it all done. I was there the whole time watching and having them check the fit with me. I was very satisfied and remain so.
    As to what to do there, beats me, I just drove home when they were done. About 2 1/2 hours south is Sprinfield MO with the home of Bass Pro Shops. 1/2 hour or so further south is Branson. Lots to do and see there.

7. cleboje

cleboje Member

mt

Invest your time (and money) wisely...you are there to get the best fitted stock that can be had...don't be taking extended lunches or antique shopping when you should be devoting yourself to making sure the stock fits like a glove...after all if Wenigs needs to check the fit and you are on walk-about in downtown Lincoln...well my friend, you just got what you invested, if you know what I mean.

Joe

8. mt

mt Member

thanks everyone, i appreciate the imput. I agree that our full cooperation and concentration should and will be spent on obtaining a quality fit. Unfortunately this is my second go at it....

We have scheduled 2 1/2 days there...we were just looking for some good restaurants and things to see or do the end of the fitting days (so my wife doesn't hate me too much after spending so much money and time on this). thanks again

9. bgf

bgf Active Member

MT,

If I was your wife and you were buying me a custom fitted Wenig, I would not be upset with you...but alas, I am not.

Bernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.