1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

any good lead prices

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chourico, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chourico

chourico TS Member

Any good prices on lead?In R.I I just called a gun shop he wanted $46 a bag!Is he nuts or wat!They cant take your guns but they can make shooting unaffordible.Wen is the madness going to stop?Reloading is almost not worth it anymore.

2. Duck

Duck Member

That's high now but might not be come summer. The last time I checked scrap lead was .86 a pound. Hard to buy it for that, melt, clean, graphite,
    package, ship, etc. and sell it for ???.

3. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

I've been holding out for lower prices but had to take the plunge this weekend and bought 3 bags at Guns Unlimited in Omaha for $33 per bag. I figure I need another 9 to get my Boys through the High School trap season, so based on what everyone's paying and the word that it's not going to get cheaper perhaps I should go back and pickup the other 9 I need.

Craig

4. chourico

chourico TS Member

Cabelas just had a special on estate shells 3 dram at 49.99 a case great price shipping was cheap about $4 a case so $54 it came out to good deal beats reloading!

5. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

If you're in RI, check this place out. They're as competitive as anyone around. Heritage Gun & Coin in West Warwick.

http://heritagegunandcoin.com/reloading.html

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Best I can do is $36.00 a bag in central Va.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

$15.00 a bag in Beijing. HMB

8. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

China has told the US to take out lead and shove it where the sun don't shine. China decided that they will start producing most of the worlds metals. Stated on the news 3 to 4 wks. ago.

Don't believe the brokers about the lead market. They are about to get slammed with overstock in the market very soon. Along with inflation on other goods the lead market is going to hell.

9. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

b12,Where is the "overstock" coming from?

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Stopped making wheel weights and batteries. HMB

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

China's increase in autos will soak up a hell of a lot of lead for car batteries. Whether it will even out the losses from other economic problems is anyone's guess.

Check the futures and see what the money boys are doing with it.

HM

12. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

The technology to replace lead in batteries is here. Just a matter of time like wheel weights.

For anyone interested check out the world stock pile of lead on Kitco metals. largest supply on hand in years and years. Prices should never rise when there is abundant stock. Lead has been the exception. I think a dramatic inventory/price correction will be soon at hand. Its predicted by most experts now.

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Raw lead prices have actually dropped nearly 10% in the last week or so. That's “potentially” good news for people buying shot either by the bag or by the ton. Closely watching the last roller coaster ride in the lead market, we saw some interesting things occur. The drop in lead shot prices were: A) slower to finally reach the bottom last summer/fall than we thought they would, and B) did not go as low per bag as many people predicted or even hoped it would. Does this trend remind you of, let’s say gasoline maybe?

Jon Reitz

14. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Connies Components in Washington state. $24.99/bag if you buy 80 or more bags, $25.49 if you buy 40 or more, or $25.99 by the bag. This is Nothwest Magnum shot.

15. maka

maka Member

Many metal commodites go thru the London England exchange. These people are screwing with the prices. Think twice before you bye that new BMW or wool jacket, gloves, or hat. Don't forget the tea.

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

A few years back,they took the lead out of gasoline. That should of made gas cheaper, right! What did they do with all the surplus lead from the gasoline? Being a leftover waste product,lead should be dam near free,right? O well they're gonna get us comming & going! Clyde D

17. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Great prices this past spring early summer. That may have been the low that everyone had been looking for. Some shooters bought all they could afford and then some.

Besides the cost of raw lead, that bounces up and down...

Fuel prices are on the raise (delivery surcharges coming back), taxes in many states are going higher, all companies have been notified of health cost premium increases, and on and on...

18. SALPICAO

SALPICAO TS Member

HEY CHOURICO IM IN

19. quartering

quartering Active Member

using an inflation calculator, $5 in '73 now costs $25. connies can ship northwest for $30 a bag and gamaliels can ship lawrence for $38 a bag. what's up with that? is lawrence that much better? thanks

20. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

$34 at CAC Associates last week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.