1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Feedback PW Patriot vs other PW reloaders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by washandwear, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Looking for feedback on the new PW Patriot reloader as compared to the PW 800+ or other PW reloaders. Worth the extra $$$.

PM if you want to keep it between us.

Regards

W&W

2. washandwear

washandwear Member

3. paul7177

paul7177 Member

The only P/W loader I have had is the Patriot. I like that it will not drop powder or shot without a shell present. It operates smoothly once you learn the idiosyncrasies. I would say that the one thing I dislike is the primer tray feed. The primers constantly jam up before they enter the chute. They added a tapper, but in reality it is almost useless.
    I fabricated my own vibrator for the tray. Others on here have fabricated their own tray inserts to help with the problem.

4. 548

548 Guest

I have a ten year old PW Platinum 2000. I would guess I load somewhere between 3-5 thousand rounds a year. Some years a little more if I shoot more registered targets. The loader works decent, but I wouldn't buy another one. I know a guy with a Spolar, I have even used it a couple times. I plan to buy a Spolar if I have any success selling my 2000.

5. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Purchase a Spolar and be done with it.

The factory will set it up for what you wish to load; you can switch gauges in five minutes.

Had em all; bought the Spolar and would never go back to other brands.

Dave

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like he was asking about a spolar, just the difference between two P/W's. lol

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

He should be asking about the difference between P/W and Spolar IF he is planning to buy another reloader. Fred

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I also have a P2000 and I agree that the primer feeds are their weakest point. I bought a tapper and also agree that they are almost useless. However PW is a great loader after you learn to work on it and get it adjusted correctly. Whiz is the key to that. I understand spolar is a good loader but not enough to warrant the cost for me anyway

9. 548

548 Guest

The price difference between the Spolar and the PW Patriot is $350. That's the cost of 8 bags of shot. After using a Platinum 2000 for 10 years, the decision to spend the extra 350 is an easy one for me.

BTW, anyone interested in a 10 year old PW Platinum 2000 send me a private message. I will ship it to you for $575.00.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

And guess what, the Spolar will still drop shot and powder if a shell is not under the dispenser, and why does the Spolar have a vibrator on their primer tray......HELLO, because it's just as bad a the PW. 40 year old technology. But, if you bought a Spolar, it's great. How else can you justify the cost. LOL

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Spolar has not been able to eliminate operator stupidity and anyone who continually forgets to put in empty cases might best be served by shooting new shells only!!

12. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

If you like a super clean and tidy machine, always drain your shot and powder,
    the Patriot is probably not for you. That handy no drop feature carries some
    baggage with it, like you are at least one if not two hands short to drain those
    with the super handy adapter you have to use in place of the shell to drain them.

Not at all slick and easy like the 800+ is. I guess you can't have it both ways, easy to empty and clean, and won't drop if you forget a shell. Personally, if I forget a shell, I would deserve a big mess to clean up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pw 800 v patriot