1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Experiences with Franchi AL 48 Hunter???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FIB, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I saw an older Franchi AL 48 Hunter at my local gunshop the other day in excellent condition (asking price $ 350.00) 12 gauge, 26" (I think) vent rib barrel choked IMP CYL (I think). Do any of you guys own this gun and if so have you been pleased with it? Any certain pro's/con's I should know about? TIA...Randy

2. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

If it is the spring operaterd AL48 action that I am familiar with, then it has a reputation of being very reliable. My daughter owned one when she hunter as a youngster and it always funcitioned without a hitch.

3. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

Randy, I have one of these in 20 gauge. My dad bought it for me when I was ten years old (1987). Its been a great hunting gun, I've killed countless quail, rabbits, and deer with it! I have never had a malfunction with the gun. They are very light weight and easy to carry on a long hunt, although with the weight comes a hefty recoil. The price on the one you are looking at seems pretty good compared to some I have seen sale recently. Hope this helps.

-John

4. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great guns. Totally reliable. Imp. cyl makes it a perfect game and bird gun!! Good price.

5. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks guys for the responses!

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I've got one in 20 gauge. Great lightweight hunting gun.

I think they quit making the 12 gauge in that model, but there are still plenty of them out there. Most of the guys who own them don't want to sell them.

Easystreet

7. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Ive got one 12 ga 3 inch 32 in barrel full choke chrome lined barrel 425 plus shipping throws buckshot incredible......Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

48al hunter

do older franchi al 48 have chrome lined barrels

franchi 48 al hunter

franchi 48 al hunter action spring

franchi al 48 chrome barrels

franchi al48 recoil spring for 12 gauge magnum