1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any experience with Zoli Silver Eagle sxs?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Em, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Not the Silver Hawk, the Silver Eagle. Looks like a very well made piece from the 1960's. Quality wood with nice grain, non monoblock barrel,skip line German style checkering, deep blue barrels, color case hardened receiver with some engraving and gold cocking indicators like on a Sauer Royal. Receiver screws are also indexed and what do you call it bugged(?) with a second screw.

It shoots nicely but I can't find any info about it.

Thanks for any help.

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have a Zoli SxS from the 1960s with fully engraved frame, sidelocks, single non-selective trigger, third fastener, 26" barrels. A famous gun maker, now deceased thinks that it was a guild type gun where various parts were made by different makers which was common in Italy at the time. It has a silver bird inlayed in the lever.

Mine looks like a Ferlib frame except that this was slightlyn before Ferlib's day. Yopu can take Photos and send them to Zoli but I didn't have much luck with that.

This is my very favorite gun and I have shot it since it was new. I still shoot it every week for about 6 months a year and I love it!

3. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

YES ! I forgot to mention that hidden third fastener as well as jeweled water table and vented firing pin (breech face) .

I think I am going to enjoy this one too !

thanks

Search tags for this page

aygldesxs

sxs eagle