1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

any experience with Remington model 10?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything about the Remiton Model 10

I have the oppurtunity to buy one

Thanks

Lou

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Don't ever expect to find parts. They will have to be custom made.

3. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

Plenty of used parts around because they are junk. Very popular with the card shooters. I have seen more accidental discharges with the Model 10 than any shotgun I can recall. Neat gun and a nice addition to a Remington collection, just dangerous in my opinion.

4. 100straight

100straight Member

I think I have a complete receiver with all parts, and another bare receiver that I would sell if you are interested. e-mail above.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

5. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Just found out it has a 2 9/16ths chamber

Better luck next time

Lou

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

The Remington model 10 is a pump gun flincher. You must be thinking of the model 11 Remington.

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Parts ARE getting very hard to find for the M-10. If it's just for your collection, that's fine, but for a weekly shooter....NOT. The M-10 has a very weak link, and that is the front of the carrier(the flipper). There is a complicated machined cam on the front that WILL break, and once broken, the gun is unusuable. No carriers are available unless you find a scrappped out gun, but it's highly likey that one has a broken carrier also.

Doug

8. wm rike

wm rike Member

Once had a Model 29, the new and improved version of the 10. It was miserable, cranky gun. I feel bad about having sold it - one should treat his fellow man better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.