1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any experience with Ithaca Lefever Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with the Ithaca made Lefever trap? The one with the vent rib barrel not the Long Range field and trap. It is shown at page 141 of the Conley book.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I had one nearly 25 years ago. I was not impressed with the gun.

Pat Ireland

3. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Thank you Pat.

I thought it would be a fun gun to own and shoot on occasion, but now I will hold off buying one unless I get some genuine enthusiasm for the opposing view.

Lou

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Yes-- I have one that i like to shoot, but it has some wear somewhere that i can't figure out & will not always fire. But it has one of the best barrels of any gun i have ever owned.. Ross

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

If I remember right it cocked when you moved the top lever not by barrel movement. Last I knew of the one I had it was hanging over another trapshooters fireplace. Good place for it.

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have one but haven't shot it in over 20 years. It would shoot reloads but not factory ammo. I think I'll try it again. Larry

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I ve had 2 of them. The rib is identical to the Ithaca 4&5 E, The barrels are tight full chokes. A lot of concern over the cocking with the opening lever not being safe. The KS-5 cocks the same??? Laurence Pulinski of Virginia can repair.

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

John T.
    do you have any contact on Mr. Laurence Pulinski,as I would like to get mine fixed?? Thank you in advance, Ross Puls xxxrossinbuford@hotmail.comxxx drop the x's for reply. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lefever trap vent rib