1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any experience with IOL Aspheric lenses/cataracts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shotgun 1, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Finally getting ready to fix the cataract. Researching replacement lenses is like reading about a new gun--every thing is better than sliced bread. Has anyone used an aspheric lens? Given my circumstances, the ad copy reads well, but ad copy always does. If you would share your experience, I would appreciate it. Also curious to know the difference in price. I've called insurance companies and the dr.office, but it's darned near impossible to get a straight answer.

P.S. I'm only worried about distance vision.
    Dave

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I just had cataracts and astigmatisms removed from both eyes. It's amazing, the colors and clarity I have. I didn't even know my eyes were that bad, but they were. I would recommend this procedure to anyone contemplating it. I've never been more pleased with anything more than this. I can't say it enough, amazing results.

3. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

SHot410ga,
    Do you know what lenses you had "installed"?
    dave

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

No, But I can't imagine anything being better. I know they were folded up and inserted after the cataracts were removed.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Had bioth eyes done this summer, my Dr. took several measurments had me visit a renta specilaist and then did the surgeries aabout 2 weeks apart. She mad the choices on lenses to correct my sight and my astigmatism. I only wera cheaters for reading and computer. I have 20/20 both eyes. My suggestioon is tell the Dr. what your thoughts are and let the DR make the selction.

6. pdq

pdq Member

I had cataracts done last April, and had IOL's inserted. I paid for the more expensive dual vision IOLs -- gives excellent far vision and close-up. My distance vision is now excellent and for the first time in 6 years I don't have to use reading glasses.

If your eye doc says you have or are developing cataracts, don't wait -- there's no way of stopping or reversing it -- your vision just gets progressively worse, but slowly enough that you don't realize how bad it is.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.