1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Any experience with DR Jammer XL-1 wads??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobPete, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobPete

RobPete Member

Hi all,

Have any of you done any patterning with the Down Range Jammer XL-1's? I've been shooting the standard green XL-1 for a few years and have been very pleased. I picked up a sample bag of the purple jammers at the Ohio state shoot....and it got me wondering. What are the differences? Any real advantage to the four extra pedals? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    RobPete
  2. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

about 3 years ago I asked myself this same question and shot 5 each on the patterning board. Patterns were quite evenly distributed with both wads. I found that the Jammer pattern was slightly, just slightly more spread. I use the Jammers exclusively for my 16 yard targets. You can't go wrong with either of them.
  3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

According to Kevin Lewis (if you ask him the question), any pattern difference between his 4-petal and 8-petal wads is purely coincidental. He makes the 8-petal wads because people who thought there was a difference kept asking him to.

Keller
  4. DAVIDN

DAVIDN TS Member

I have used both extensively. I don’t know if I can tell the difference but the 4 petal is easier to load. The petal is a little stiffer.
  5. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Member

The only BIG differance is that the petals stay flared outwards much better on the 4 petal wads.I use PW loaders and the 8 petal wads dont always stay open!PJ
  6. RobPete

RobPete Member

Thanks for all of the input. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Rob
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.