1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any ducks in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Going to Dewitt this weekend. They are saying hunting has been poor.

2. evandowns

evandowns Member

that's what ive heard also. I hunted at the buckshot lodge there (a friend of mine guides there)a couple weeks ago and killed way below average there. Couldnt complain because it was a free hunt but all info ive gotten says there is not much activity. Where do you plan on going up there?

3. poppat

poppat Member

I live in Hazen about 45 minutes north of Dewitt we have had some great days some slow days but always have a good time.
    Terry

4. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

extreme north east Arkansas, been out 10 times this season, fired 1 shot harvested 1 duck, worse season in resent times, gave my son one of my duck boats and a third of my decoys, looking forward to Florida vacation and some registered targets in February glad the pain is over in less than 3 weeks.

5. Murphy

Murphy Member

Going to Dewitt in 9 days, 8 guys, hopefully more birds then. I guess thats why its called hunting not geting.

6. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

I will be hunting in Phillips co., near Oneida, starting Monday 1/14. This will be my 3rd trip. Hunting has been slow this year.

7. turmite

turmite Member

I am not a duck hunter, but I heard tonight that next week is suppose to be someo of the worst weather Arkansas has experienced in many winters. I have always heard bad weather drives the ducks so if that is the case, late this week, early next should be good. We are suppose to get 3*4 inches of slow rainfall starting the evening of the 9th (Wed).

Good hunting to you.

Mike

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I saw 3 mergansers and 1 mallard...........

9. Setterman

We are going to the Bayou Lagrue Lodge. If a bunch of rain comes in Wednesday, the ducks will really be spread out. 50% chance of rain Sat and Sun. too. We're hunting Sat thru Monday.

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Maybe you should hunt in Oregon?
    [​IMG]

11. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

[​IMG]

Day 4 of 2012-13 season.

Jeff Holguin

12. Setterman

Whenever I go the guide always says "Should have been here last week!"

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

If they are in Arkansas, they sure as hell did not come through Wisconsin, I will tell you that. Seen three flocks of ducks, if you want to call them that, from September to ice up.

14. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Jeff - love the doggy neoprene vest. It looks like it must have been really cold out, maybe even 45?

I had my two Chesapeakes out Saturday afternoon (Rocky, not quite three, Lexie, six months). My truck said 10 above when we set out the decoys. The dogs were playing in the water, rolling in the snow, having a great time. No vests for them. We shot one mallard and one honker in about an hour. Not much was flying so we came home.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

This video covers all anyone needs to know about duck hunting.

-Gary

16. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Or maybe Washington with your new gun that you just bought from Bill Davis. :)

17. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I call it the case of the two's: To early, to late, to dry, to wet, to windy, to hot, etc

18. Setterman

brdslyr, The lab is looking at that gun saying "Can't believe he brought that nice gun out here....oh well, time for me to shake off!"

Still looking fo recent duck reports in Arkansas.

19. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

North East Arkansas Egypt,AR yesterday had my trip from hell, at least the rice field was not froze, had 3 greenheads work my spread 3 times in usual fashion, guys a mile away opened up and scared them away on their final pass, decided to check out the other side of the 600 acre field, big mistake, 4-wheeler ran out of gas, walked a half a mile to truck, found old gas can, drove 22 miles round trip for gallon, walked back in, found battery dead, took another half hour to get it started,rope pulling the 500cc Polaris, thinking real seriously about another sport. maybe shooting trap.

20. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Well if you're really a nudehunter it was one awfully bad hunt;) I hope the poor Setterman does better than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
any duck in arkansas

any ducks at hazen ar