1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any duck stamp experts or buyers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I have a friend that lost her husband that would like to sell his duck stamp collection.I do not know what he has but i tols her I would help her.
    Monty McGee
    662 335 2323

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The full gum, unhinged, unsigned well centered ones are worth the most. If they have been signed they are not worth a lot. I assume you are talking Fed stamps and not state. There are usually 1 or more dealers advertising in the classifieds of the DU magazine. Get their lists and it will tell you what retail is.

3. tachyon

tachyon Member

As hitapair said <strong>condition condition condition</strong> is key to the value of a duck stamp.
    Unused duck stamps with all of the "gum" on the back, well centered (equal amounts of border around the stamp), and no color register issues are "mint".

Many stamp collectors used a "hinge" to mount the stamp into their collector books. These hinges are small folded pieces of doublestick tape. The hinge typically removed a small amount of the gum on the back. These are less valuable than mint stamps.

Signed stamps, messed up corners, non centered, gum removed stamps are "fillers". Stamps used to fill a collection until a mint stamp can be found.

Scott's catalog is the de facto standard for stamp values. You can acquire one at Borders or Barnes and Noble. You can also just go to the book store, pick up the book, drink some coffee and write down the values from the catalog.

If a Scott's is not available you can look on ebay. Search for Federal Duck Stamps or Duck Stamps. You will see what stamps are going for in the real world. Professional Stamp Experts has a photo guide on how to grade various stamps.
    They also have a sometimes available guide to the value of various federal duck stamps. Go to here scroll down and select the duck stamp value link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.