1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Difference in Trap/Field SuperX Model 1 Barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by charlevillecat, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlevillecat

charlevillecat TS Member

Is there any know difference in Winchester Super X Trap Full choke barrels as opposed to Field Full choke barrels?

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Trap barrels shoot higher in my experience.

3. SX12

SX12 Member

I have 2 trap barrels and a field barrel. I have a factory montecarlo stock with an adjustable comb and 3 thin metal washers on the post as spacers. At 13 yds one trap barrel shoots 6 inches high. The other two barrels (one of those is labeled trap) shoot 3 inches high. It is obvious on close inspection that the 2 trap barrels have different ribs. One also prints slightly left of the point of aim.

The only way to know is to test.
    Lee Searle

4. Borderland

Borderland Member

Mine looks the same as a field barrel but is marked " trap full" has a .735 bore and a .032 fixed choke ///my sx1 skeet barrel is also bored .735 from the factory ..both barrels have a money maker style rib with a center bead and bradly style front bead.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.